Two weeks in the ambo!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I woke up this morning and realized tonight is the last night in this chapter of my ambo adventure. It has been an amazing two weeks and I have learned a lot about my self and my rig. I will make some changes to the ambo (shower install, led patio light, more hooks to hang up stuff inside) and plan for the next chapter.

Thanks for taking us along on your adventure!!! Can't wait until the next one.

Yep, it always sucks sometimes when things come to a close. As you said, it was a learning experience and you get to look forward to the next one. Enjoy your last night and we look forward to your next adventure. Cheers!

Well we got lucky and my unit let us off today, so I made my 100 mile truck today. Who is it in the gold van I saw on briley parkway that took the time to wave? Made it safely, boondocking at a buddies place tonight. Home tomorrow.

Ballo that was travlinman. I was returning from a3 day trip fromp east tn and parts of nc. But dont look for the van in clarksville because I only use it on trips

travlinman said:
Ballo that was travlinman. I was returning from a3 day trip fromp east tn and parts of nc. But dont look for the van in clarksville because I only use it on trips

I like the look of your van, and the upper windows. Would love to take a tour for ideas on what might work better in mine. Are those batteries underneath on the drivers side?

Well I am home now, ambo is safely back in the driveway. Here is my "must do something about list"

-Manual transmission, I hate the way the Allison 545 shifts and is never in the right gear.

-shower, this was actually suppose to happen before my trip, but time didn't allow it. I already have drawings and measurements to make this happen.

-generator wiring needs to be finished so I can start it from in the truck

-patio light (led, I have to very bright lights on that side but they are halogen and use way too much power to leave on for hours at a time)

-a mirror, I have a small mirror for shaving, but as much room as I have, I want a real mirror.

-finish the cab interior

You all can expect to see updates in the "my ambo" topic since I am back to the building process for a bit. Thanks for following and commenting, I appreciated the company on my adventure. Till the next time,

Baloo

Baloo said:
I like the look of your van, and the upper windows. Would love to take a tour for ideas on what might work better in mine. Are those batteries underneath on the drivers side?

Well I am home now, ambo is safely back in the driveway. Here is my "must do something about list"

-Manual transmission, I hate the way the Allison 545  shifts and is never in the right gear.

-shower, this was actually suppose to happen before my trip, but time didn't allow it. I already have drawings and measurements to make this happen.

-generator wiring needs to be finished so I can start it from in the truck

-patio light (led, I have to very bright lights on that side but they are halogen and use way too much power to leave on for hours at a time)

-a mirror, I have a small mirror for shaving, but as much room as I have, I want a real mirror.

-finish the cab interior

You all can expect to see updates in the "my ambo" topic since I am back to the building process for a bit. Thanks for following and commenting, I appreciated the company on my adventure. Till the next time,

Baloo

I'm happy you made it home safely. Looking forward to progress on the other thread!

Baloo, I had a hard time finding a "real" mirror locally for my cargo trailer. They were all to big for the space I had, or way to small and designed more for decoration. I finally gave up and ordered a 12"x18" one off Amazon that had beveled edges. I think it was only something like $20 and I got free shipping as I ordered a couple of other things also. It was packaged really well and arrived in one piece. It has worked out well. I used double sided tape and extra mirror clips to mount it. So far it has gone 8000 miles and on some pretty rough roads with no problem If you look at my build thread you can see it in some of the pictures to the right of the sink to see if this is something that will work in your rig. I look forward to the continuation of your build.

Baloo their is one 12v battery underneath on the driver side. Also a 110 shore power,a 8 gal fresh water fill,a 8 gal gray water drain. Inside on drivers side is a 5ft cabnet with the elect and inverter and the two water tanks and microwave and left side is a sink. At cabnet is tall enough to stand and prepare a meal. Bed is across the back. and the frunt pasenger seat swivels. ALso has a one burner stove that uses the one pound green cansters. Also 4ft of storage over tne bed I did not cut the top all the way to the back. It is verry  comfortable for me and my wife we have spent two months with no problems.

travlinman said:
Baloo their is one 12v battery underneath on the driver side. Also a 110 shore power,a 8 gal fresh water fill,a 8 gal gray water drain. Inside on drivers side is a 5ft cabnet with the elect and inverter and the two water tanks and microwave and left side is a sink. At cabnet is tall enough to stand and prepare a meal. Bed is across the back. and the frunt pasenger seat swivels. ALso has a one burner stove that uses the one pound green cansters. Also 4ft of storage over tne bed I did not cut the top all the way to the back. It is verry  comfortable for me and my wife we have spent two months with no problems.

Sounds fantastic! I would love to see it some day

Latest posts