Tucson Arizona

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ella1

Reaction score
Aug. 11, 2019 Date(s) of service: early 2017
Name of Business: Certified Auto Electric
Name of Mechanic(s): Probably James
Address: 3214 E 45th Street Tucson AZ (South side of Tucson)
Phone Number: 520 629-9036
Date(s) of service: early 2017
Vehicle(s) worked on: 1995 Chevy Astrovan
Work completed: They rewired the van. In ~2000 I had an extra battery added by a different auto electric shop. The van worked well for a cross country trip at that time. Then I started running into electrical problems that my regular mechanic couldn't fix over a short time: 3 new alternators, new van batteries, etc. They started blaming the problems on me.
I took it to Certified Auto Electric to have a battery charger added. James took photos (showed me on his computer, and emailed them to me and described the problems: corroded wires, smaller gauge than should have been, loose connections all by previous auto elect co. I had him rewire it (cheaper than buying a newer vehicle) and have been satisfied since.
Overall impression of service: Good.
I must say due to circumstances beyond my control I haven't been able to do much driving ever since. Van has always started, but I do keep the charger plugged in because I don't go out much anymore.
They specialize in auto and truck electrical systems but seem to do other work, too.