Trash left in Cottonwood AZ

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, now I'm confused - a group called Boondockers United but they're from Thousand Trails RV Resort. That's any oxymoron if I ever saw one.... :D

I'm familiar with the area and those staying at the Thousand Trails resort only have to drive about 300' feet of the road at the entrance to the BLM land. All the rest of the way in (maybe a mile and a half) is zoned no camping and is only used for range grazing of cattle. Yes, some vehicles stop right at the corner of the highway and the access road for overnight but it's certainly not a place where anyone would want to tent. The tent/boondocking areas are well away from the T/T traffic. Most of it is on the other side of the road from the access road to T/T.

Nice that they took the effort to clean it up but they certainly shouldn't be blaming boondockers for it.

Wait, the group that cleaned it up isn't blaming boondockers for the mess, they know that it was the homeless who left it behind.

I once helped my mom move and declutter. A stupid little Mazda B2400 truckbed full off crap would always be $50 or more at the dump. Total bs.

When I was a teenager, all you had to do at the dump was show them your driver's license to establish that you were a county resident and you dumped for free. THAT is the #1 reason for illegal dumping on public lands. Federal, state, and local government never tire of finding ways to empty your wallet.

And, there is a big difference between boondockers and the fringe people trying desperately to hang on while squatting the earth. The former are usually pretty decent and the latter are frequently d- bags.

And, on another note, ever notice how much trash is left behind by the 'great white hunter' in our forests?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

When I was a kid my family lived in my grandmother's house near the beach. Beach goers would park in our neighborhood. We kept trashcans at either corner of the property so that the beach goers would have someplace to put their trash. Two trash cans, about 40 feet apart and many of them still threw their trash in my grandmother's planters along the pedestrian walkway.

I used to drive a pickup truck. People would throw their trash in my truck bed.

I feel the urge to listen to "Alice's Restaurant" for some strange reason.

twenty-seven 8x10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one

akrvbob said:
Sadly, there are boondockers who do leave trash. So while the vast majority do not, it is a distinct possibility that boondockers did it. I'd guess I know where that was at and yes, it is where boondockers camp.
Bob, still just because the area is where boondockers camp does not mean they did it. The crappy creatures we know would think nothing of doing this same thing just to make others look bad, especially people they disagree with. Like us.

Zardor said:
Wait was this done at 1000 trails? Every time I've gone there's been trash that I've cleaned up. Alot of meth people use that campground, i wont ever go there again. Its been a dump for awhile.
Zardor
exactly what is your reason for blaming "meth people" as the cause of this problem? It sounds a lot like those van dwellers did it. We should not condemn others without proof, or just because you disagree with them.
casper.

This is a universal problem. Groups volunteer with clean up days. Maybe we could get Glad to donate free garbage bags for PR , with printing on them, Squat the planet, I mean Save the planet. Lol.
Maybe a boondockers or CRVL PR program to promote goodwill in local communities, boondocking sites, once a year? If the Hell's Angels can promote toy drives...
Give back to society. Awareness program for trash pickup handing out leaflets. We are the ones with the most to gain and lose.

Okay, I was wrong to believe what was written on FB and really HOPE it wasn't boondockers. I don't have a rig yet but hope to join in on this lifestyle, at least part time, and I certainly hope that whoever these litter bugs are don't ruin it for everyone else.

casper said:
Zardor
exactly what is your reason for blaming "meth people" as the cause of this problem? It sounds a lot like those van dwellers did it. We should not condemn others without proof, or just because you disagree with 

It sounds like? I've recently been to that campsite and have seen first hand who was there. Also while I was there I spoke with 2 other campers. When I complained about how dirty my campsite was I got an earful about what goes on there. The funny thing is as I was packing up camp another two young guys came by and wanted to know how expensive my weboost antenna and solar panels looked and then joked about them getting stolen. I was like no I'm out of here. As I left I stopped to get gas at the gas station by Wal-Mart. That attendant confirmed my fears about that place and told me of other incidents she had heard of and that she would never go there. That was just my last visit, the time before there was another incident were the fire department and police came out because someone had gotten beat up. Maybe its not all meth heads, but something isnt right in that place. Camp at your own risk. I wont ever go there again.