Toyota Sienna and my Job in Silicon Valley

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver

Reaction score
toyota_sienna_98_6P2_10.jpg

I would like to sell my 98 Toyota  Sienna Van.  I suppose my price is too high for most people to afford.  It needs a little paint to make it look better.  The engine is fantastic and I've never had a problem with it in the year I've owned it.  [font=Calibri, sans-serif]It sounds smooth and powerful with its V6 engine.[/font]

Toyota does make the best cars in the world!  The parts on it are heavy duty and made from the finest materials.  BMW also has quality parts, but the reliability is less.

In regards to my job.  I'm working Reception again for an average Silicon Valley company.  I don't like dressing up in a suit and tie.  It's extremely hot in the suit and I keep getting corrected on how I'm doing my job the wrong way.  It wears on your psyche after a while. 

I have enough where I can go 2 years without working if I desire.  I desire it with all my heart.  It's just hard to let the people I work with down.  Since we are short staffed at the company. 
---
"I like to be as far away from everything as I can be.  That is the reason I would consider a 4x4 truck."
https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-DharmaGirl1-s-Peaceful-Journey-West?page=2

I'd love to be as far away from people and everything.  I love the quiet times of my life.  We're here for a limited amount of time.  Why not do the things we love to do?  Why must we follow what Society tells us to do? 

My friend looks like s/he's  65 years old.  S/he wants to go to the Philippines for 5 weeks but is only allowed 4 weeks of vacation.  S/he's a housekeeper in a Hotel.  Yes that means cleaning toilets and putting up with other people's sh*t, literally.  Why not stay in the Philippines for 3 months with family?  What's more important?  Money or Family?  S/he can get a job anywhere, and not just cleaning toilets. 

I feel stuck in my new job.  I'm learning their computer better now.  The morale there is not great, but there are job perks.  
For example, there was a scheduling error and the Manager wanted to send me home early.  I stood my ground and replied, "I'm on the schedule for 7 am, I'm already here, so I might as well work."

The Manager responded, "But your co-worker 'Pritikatis' will be all alone on 2nd shift."
I did feel bad that my co-worker would be holding down the lobby all by herself.  I said, "I only got 4.5 hours of sleep."

My Manager asked, "Oh, I can set you up with a room at a nearby hotel."
So I got to sleep till 1 pm in a free hotel room.  Nice!  I love hotels because they're usually clean and I don't have to clean up after myself too much.  And I don't have to clean the toilet!

my Blog
https://wordpress.com/post/silver202.wordpress.com/98

I'm a little confused...are you selling your minivan? If so, there's a "Trading Post" forum just for buying / selling. It would help if you put your asking price too.

Sorry about the stress in your job. I think a lot of jobs are like that these days.

Yes my Toyota Sienna Van is for sale.
I just posted to the Trading Post. Thanks.

I'm taking steps to leave the 40 hrs / week job.
It seems like they only fire people @ my job that do something egregious.
We're short handed and every body is needed. It's actually comforting when people show up for their shift. Cuz that means I don't have to pick up their slack . .

That being said, sometimes, you just have to take time out to care for yourself.

Your original post was a bit confusing.

If your job causes you that much stress and you have the money to take off for two years I say do it!

Your mental health is way more important.   You only get one shot at flying around on a giant rock around the sun.

Thanks. I've tried to give my Manager hints like :
- asking for 2 weeks off
- calling in sick
but S/he's not getting the hints . .

I should just shave my head so they'll be forced to fire me for not adhering to their "grooming standards" . .
I spent my day off shopping for food, & it felt great not to be rushed around.
I believe temporary or on-call jobs are better for me than the regular 40 hrs / week.

http://healthyfoodandexercises.blogspot.com/
http://vanrvliving.blogspot.com/

The van is sold! I'm going to try to put a bed in my scion tC.
If I need something larger, I'm going to buy a Reliable
van or SUV . .

Silver said:
The van is sold!  I'm going to try to put a bed in my scion tC.
If I need something larger, I'm going to buy a Reliable
van or SUV . .

Congrats on the sale of the van!

The Scion is a smaller car right?   You are going to be traveling light huh?

Thank you! A Mechanic said the old Sienna 98 needed a Timing Belt & Water Pump $850.
It constantly needed repair after repair so I sold it!
I believe it was in an accident but the seller denied it.

I fell for the "If you don't buy it tonight, I got someone buying it tomorrow . ."
But the new owner will fix her up right and use her for deliveries.

The Scion is a smaller than vans. It's about the size of an Eclipse or Korean sedan/sport.
Well, my nature is not to travel light, but I should not pack unnecessary things.