Tornadoes and flooding

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyndi

Reaction score
<P><FONT size=3>There's been some rough weather on the East coast and inland.&nbsp; Is everyone ok?</FONT></P>

<FONT size=3>Glad you mentioned weather, cyndi.</FONT><BR><FONT size=3>&nbsp; I've been wanting to ask what you all do to avoid rough weather conditions when at a campsite?&nbsp; sit tight and hope for the best?&nbsp; hightail it outta there and hope you run the right direction?&nbsp;do you keep close watch on weather reports or just deal w/ whatever comes?</FONT><BR><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<BR><FONT size=3>These rainstorms lately&nbsp;have a squall line going through a lot of states w/ wind and rain on the leading edge.&nbsp; so nowhere to run.</FONT><BR><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<BR><FONT size=3>Last weekend I thought&nbsp;we should hop in the van and drive til we found sunshine...HA...it would have been a 10 hr trip in any direction!!!</FONT><BR><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<BR><FONT size=3>We sit on high ground at home in southern OH but there&nbsp;are flooded roads in the area.&nbsp; Small creeks were running high or out of banks yesterday...still raining today.&nbsp;</FONT><BR><FONT size=3>I'm not going out today.</FONT><BR><FONT size=3>These&nbsp; small creeks will quickly go down IF it EVER stops raining!!&nbsp; No major rivers in my immediate area.&nbsp;&nbsp; Larger creeks and rivers 30-45 min away are flooding or will be.&nbsp;</FONT><BR><BR>

Holy cow do I ever need some new glasses. I thought this thread topic said "Tomatoes and Flogging" when I glanced at it.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>I know nature has a way of laying waste to the best laid plans, but always have a backup location to go to. I forgot who told me that but a full timer offered me that advice when I was first learning about this lifestyle.</div><div><br></div><div>Steve</div>