Tioga George has passed away

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An icon, inspiration and path maker. The world is a better place because George shared his world with us.

Enjoy this new journey, George! And thanks for everything

George and I had been friends since the first run of his motorized sat system in his "Miss Tioga."
(I scolded him for spending all that money on that Ford, too. LOL)

He rarely got credit for being one of the early pioneers of Nomad life you could follow online.
(Well, one of the first "real" nomads that wasn't your typical RV park dweller, bleeding cash every night.)

I usually am saddened when I see a death.
In this case, I could think of nothing more fitting for George.
Talk about right up to pretty much the end... Well done, George.
Hope he reunited with his son on the other side.

George was my inspiration for living in an RV and thankfully after all the years of following his adventures I finally got to say thank you to him a few weeks ago. He will be missed by many more than he ever got to know. Again "Thanks George".

Followed him for years. He was so positive in his writing, even when he’d run MS Tioga into something, he’d go find a way to get her fixed, then continue down the road.

Very impressive he was working on his vehicle, going to exercise, cooking a nice meal for himself and blogging till days before he passed.

Thank you George.

Oh, I am sorry to hear this.  I started reading his blog soon after he started it.  He was a warm,friendly man in a new world of strangers.  Definitely his travelogues, presented with such practicality and humor, showed me a way of life that I wanted and needed but didn’t know about yet.  
I hope that you have a kind and honest guide helping you adjust to your new situation, George.