Time Zone at RTR and Cellular Service

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cynanne

Reaction score
For some reason I thought the RTR was in PST time zone due to its closeness to Cali. I do realize most of AZ is in mountain time but a portion is not (I think). Also - how was the cellular last year? I have no wifi but might have to use my phone.

all of Arizona is in the mountain time zone. however AZ does not do daylight savings so this time of year they are one hour behind California. in the summer though they are the same time as CA. kinda of confusing ain't it?

last year the voice service was fine but the data was very slow most of the time, due to the shear volume of traffic. this was for Verizon.

highdesertranger

To confuse things, AZ doesn't do Daylight Saving Time but the Navajo Nation does.

A few years back a bunch of us camped at Ehrenberg did a pot luck Christmas dinner. I volunteered to do the potatoes. I started them what I thought was soon enough, but I realized too late that my phone, which I use as a clock, was getting its signal from California.

yep in the Colorado River Valley it's real confusing because you never know where you phone is getting it's signal. highdesertranger

On the res if you get there on the right day of the week your on time. Knowing when the trains ran was as close to an alarm clock as most used. I was amazed that amost every year while I lived there someone didn't wake up in time and was killed sleeping on the tracks.

I can always tell you what time it is.

The time is NOW.

The place is HERE.

The Dire Wolfess