Thinkin of making the change

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like you are in the same spot that i was in 6 months ago (i mean almost identically)! I am 25 and married. Had a brand new car, two motorcycles for my wife and I, a 3bdr house in a nice community, and a great job.

I agree with [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Minivanmotoman[/font], you have to set small goals and take baby steps. Take some time to think if this is something both you and the Fiance want to do, if so, then commit to it! Set a few major goals... like how much do you need to have saved up, and when do you want to leave by. And then use those to set much smaller, easy to accomplish goals... like if you want to save a certain amount over the next 6 months, but you cant living in the home you are in, then downsize to a small apartment. If you cant fit all your stuff in the apartment, then set a goal to donate or sell some specific larger items. You can absolutely make it work if you commit to it.

Setting and accomplishing smaller goals will make you feel like you are always moving forward and getting closer to your end goal of being free and the owner of your own time.

Born2Explore said:
It seems like you are in the same spot that i was in 6 months ago (i mean almost identically)! I am 25 and married. Had a brand new car, two motorcycles for my wife and I, a 3bdr house in a nice community, and a great job.

I agree with [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Minivanmotoman[/font], you have to set small goals and take baby steps. Take some time to think if this is something both you and the Fiance want to do, if so, then commit to it! Set a few major goals... like how much do you need to have saved up, and when do you want to leave by. And then use those to set much smaller, easy to accomplish goals... like if you want to save a certain amount over the next 6 months, but you cant living in the home you are in, then downsize to a small apartment. If you cant fit all your stuff in the apartment, then set a goal to donate or sell some specific larger items. You can absolutely make it work if you commit to it.

Setting and accomplishing smaller goals will make you feel like you are always moving forward and getting closer to your end goal of being free and the owner of your own time.

Thanks for the advice! Where can I read your story? What did you end up doing

Spitfire Riggz said:
Thanks for the advice! Where can I read your story? What did you end up doing

We want to get our story out there!! We started a YouTube channel and have posted one video so far. We plan to have another up possibly this weekend that will go into more detail about our story. There is some detail in our “newcomers” post.

We are currently still saving, but plan to leave before the end of spring next year. We have been hitting all of our savings goals, so I think we are on the right track! There are some changes/additions we want to make to the van before we leave too.

-Born2Explore

2004 Extended GMC Savana G3500 w/ Hi-top