The Future of Van Life

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overcrowding is not a new problem for some countries, just look at Japan and Indonesia. There are people that enjoy the lifestyle and some like me that enjoy a form of it . I chose the RV life like many do in later life early and really wouldn't want to go back to being a property owner in a sticks and bricks. I hope I am able to have enough means to continue this lifestyle even if my health fails. Modern tech may enable many to basically live in a mobile hospital and if i could afford it I would. Maybe hire some of the out of work college graduates to haul me around! I truly enjoy the lifestyle as I live now whether or not it has to change due to overcrowding I know it will still be better living this way than in a sticks and bricks for me.

Hey,  are you the bullfrog in Erenberg ?

Very few people find this lifestyle to their liking for long, for every one that has survived for two years hundreds quit. Don't believe everything you see on youtube and be particularly careful taking their advice. Social exposure of campsites ruins them, I don't share sites. I encourage folks to find sites the way I do, explore. I also no longer encourage folks to join the lifestyle, I make an effort not to discourage them as well.

This is something that isnt talked about enough. I was emailing a women and she was 1000% in on doing this. I started to explain to her that on the internet youre not seeing the the people who quit. She launched into a defense mechanism against me. That i must be unhappy or whatever. She is a true believer and will not hear nothing else.

As well i learned not to bother with shared sites. First of all theyre ruined and second if you explore you find huge areas of great places not on any map/app.

Elbear1 said:
...youre not seeing the the people who quit.
Ran into that when looking into homeschooling decades ago.  I really wanted to talk to and learn from people who were no longer in the choir, but for the most part, they weren't singing.

Latest posts