Thanksgiving

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gunny said:
It's nice to have company on days like Thanksgiving, sort of a special day. I'll buy a few pies (If anyone likes Sweet Potato Pie buy one of the Patti Labell Pies from Walmart) and think of a few sides. Nothing like the spread my Mom put together tho. I hope you and everyone else has a good Thanksgiving.

Rob

Spent most of my childhood eating Thanksgiving meals in mess halls all over the world.  My dad wanted us to be with his troops who couldn't go home.  They always seemed to love having my mom and brother and I there, kind of like being home with a mom and little siblings hanging around.  It was so much fun!  And we always had a few of the the guys from my dads squadron over for Christmas dinner as well.

Now it's just me and my wife, we're going to the LGBT youth center and serve up chow to the homeless kids who hang out there.

Queen, giving of yourself (and your wife) is the best way to give thanks. Whatever someone decides to do that is fulfilling and possibly helping someone is a prime example of what makes us a great nation. In my opinion anyway.

Thanksgiving days in mess halls, Embassies or stuck in some shithole, doesn't matter. It's more than the food, it's just a day when we can maybe get along and be semi-happy. End of mission.

Rob