Telescopes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For people who like to look at the night sky, I think Jupiter and Venus are about as bright as they get. Jupiter comes up around sundown, and if you stay up real late or get up before sunrise, Venus will be visible... it's that thing that's brighter than all the other "stars".

I've wanted a telescope for awhile, its usually pretty cloudy out here though, not a lot of chances to really see the stars

Binoculars are good to have around though, I use them often

I bought some cheap 12x42 binoculars recently and they are nice for looking at the night sky from my zero-G chair. I see way more stars and detail than I can with naked eye. If it's not too late in the evening I also see lots of satellites... amazing how many are visible these days.

Mine are pretty cheap, I use them to view the mountains, and look for animals

At some point I'd be willing to drop money on something fancy, along with a lightweight tripod that could be taken on hikes

Being able to use it for star gazing would be great as well, when the opportunity arises

Has anyone used one of those constellation apps? They look pretty interesting, no idea how accurate they are

Has anyone used one of those constellation apps? They look pretty interesting, no idea how accurate they are
I've been using Sky Guide on iPhone for years. I liked it so much I bought it and all the modules. Then they went and
turned it into a subscription service which, while I understand the reasoning in order to add new features, etc, just
tends to feel like a money-grab to me.

Interesting that so many people here have used these apps, I've dabbled with Stellarium

Unrelated to the thread, but there are some neat apps for identifying plants as well. Its amazing how much there is to know

I've used "Picture This", but need to look around more at the others

Its pretty interesting, getting to know the local foilage

I bought some cheap 12x42 binoculars recently and they are nice for looking at the night sky from my zero-G chair. I see way more stars and detail than I can with naked eye. If it's not too late in the evening I also see lots of satellites... amazing how many are visible these days.
Would you please send me a link to the one you bought?