Swearing in Pig Latin

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sephson

Reaction score
Lately I've taken to swearing at other drivers on the road in Pig Latin. I find that it helps relax me by turning my frustration with other drivers into a sort of game. Hopefully this makes me a safer driver.

That’s too funny [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angDay!
it's not about the words, more the passion behind them. well done!

too funny! too hard for me. I just speak regular at others, they can't hear me in my own vehicle HAha but sounds like a good little game to wittle away the drive time

I make a hobby of learning swear words whenever I meet someone who speaks a different language. So I can curse pretty effectively in Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Arabic, Vietnamese, and a little Farsi.

It comes in handy.

:)

Two years of Spanish and a year of French and all I can do is curse.

Cursing in Pig Latin sounds fun.

I just assume everyone is deaf since they don't seem to hear my horn and use the appropriate sign language.

RowanFae said:
Two years of Spanish and a year of French and all I can do is curse.

Cursing in Pig Latin sounds fun.

When I was in South Africa, I was taught to curse in Zulu by a couple of sweet old ladies and some youngsters who all thought it was tremendous fun to hear the Mlungu swearing.  ;)

Sadly, I now no longer remember any of it.

lenny flank said:
When I was in South Africa, I was taught to curse in Zulu by a couple of sweet old ladies and some youngsters who all thought it was tremendous fun to hear the Mlungu swearing.  ;)

Sadly, I now no longer remember any of it.

:D  

I think cursing in Zulu would be hella-fun.

^^^ One of the worst insults in South Africa was in Afrikaans instead of Zulu. It was "Gaan kak in die mielies". Translated, it means "Go shit in the cornfield". Doesn't sound so bad in English, but within the cultural context of South Africa, it'll likely get you punched in the face (it means you are implying that a person is an uneducated country rube who doesn't even have indoor plumbing.)

I grew up hearing my mother say saatana and saatanan helvetti. They roughly translate to "the devil" or "satan in hell". One of the good things about learning to swear in Finnish really young is I never got in trouble for it if I swore in school. And we weren't Finnish, so there was really no guessing what I said.

~angie

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

lenny flank said:
^^^ One of the worst insults in South Africa was in Afrikaans instead of Zulu. It was "Gaan kak in die mielies". Translated, it means "Go shit in the cornfield". Doesn't sound so bad in English, but within the cultural context of South Africa, it'll likely get you punched in the face (it means you are implying that a person is an uneducated country rube who doesn't even have indoor plumbing.)

Like saying, "not even a pot to p;$$ in." 

Which would really suck for van dwellers  :p

RowanFae said:
Which would really suck for van dwellers  :p
I think it would work better with van dwellers (like myself) to just say it in plain English. "Why don't you just go s!!t in your bucket". Puts the entire lifestyle into perspective, LOL.

My older siblings use what they called Dog Latin. They insert "arp" after consonants or at the beginning of words that start with vowels. So that previous sentence would go something like, "Tharpey arpinsarpert 'arp' arpafarpter carponarpsonarpants arpor arpat tharpat barpegarpinarping arpof warpordarps tharpat starpart warpith varpowarples."

Now try to translate that in Dog Latin!

Nowadays, it's probably bad form to use the terms Pig Latin and Dog Latin, so we should probably be saying Pinglish and Dinglish.

Swearing in real Latin is fabulous as well. Bovis stercus! Te futuro set caballum tuum! Morologus es!