Step Van Spotting on the Internet

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdiggy

Reaction score
So I am cruising the web and google 'step van rv' and hit return and under the photos section is this link:

http://motorhomegallery.info/category/conversion/

And it has a pic of my rig that neither I not the previous owner posted or uploaded! Somebody took a pic of my rig years before I bought it and posted on the interweb!!! I called my good friend I bought it off and had him look it up. I said I think it's the Canyonlands Needles District. He says 'yeah, I think that is site #9'... Guy has been out there so many times he knows all the campsites lol. Too much.

Yup. Generally the people out west love it. The people on the east coast... Not so much. Not sure why that is.

I'm waiting for this guy to thank me ?

My local Wally-World a few years back --

18-Feb-2_zpsf0b3bd4b.jpg

18-Feb-3_zps9de2e3a8.jpg

He was there - on and off fora few weeks -- his genny is behind that folding chair --- I wanted to knock and say hello -- but I didnt --

Groovy rig!!

I'm not so sure about removing the sliding pocket door like he did. That's onna the best things about driving a stepvan in the summertime!!

Patrick46 said:
Groovy rig!!

I'm not so sure about removing the sliding pocket door like he did. That's onna the best things about driving a stepvan in the summertime!!
I like my pocket door in the summer. Winter sucks from lack of insulation and not weather tight. I still would not get rid of it though.

Patrick46 said:
Groovy rig!!

He might have placed a heater there or something -- I see a vent grill at the bottom ? :huh:

nice rig cdiggy I have seen that one on the net in other places as well, does it have as many windows on the other side. I have a similar one only I think mine is a little shorter

DSCN1267 (640x480).jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1267 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN1267 (640x480).jpg
    302.9 KB
flying kurbmaster said:
nice rig cdiggy I have seen that one on the net in other places as well, does it have as many windows on the other side. I have a similar one only I think mine is a little shorter

Sweet rig. Mine was old Atlantic City bus that ran Pacific Ave for 19 years. The new ones are quite different. Apparently they have laws against charging people money to ride cross town in a modified bread truck. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418078443.968608.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418078443.968608.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418078443.968608.jpg
    206.8 KB
that explains the windows, I have never seen one with the folding bus door or heard of one being used as a city bus however they have used them for all sorts of things including this one I spotted in either New Brunswick or Nova Scotia of course I just couldn't drive by
DSCN1436 (640x480).jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1436 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN1436 (640x480).jpg
    299.6 KB

Latest posts