SSW Magical Bus Conversion with lots of pics.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltySeaWitch

Reaction score
Okay. Starting thread prematurely as I just got the bus so no conversions yet. I will be updating as I go here. 

I'm in love. I walked outside this morning and the song "There She Goes" started playing in my head. Can you be in love with a vehicle? I think you can. I've thought about her all day. LOL.

Pics coming as soon as I figure out how to do it from my phone.

Congrats!

Now make with the pictures  before we riot.

Pictures or it did not happen.  ;)

I cant figure out my phone either.  :huh:

I'm trying but it's not working. I'll have to do it from my computer. Ugh! Sorry.

Here are a few. More in a bit. Could not get pics up with phone had to use laptop.

bus12.jpgbus15.jpegbus.jpg

Attachments

• bus.jpg
    bus.jpg
    847.3 KB
  • bus15.jpeg
    bus15.jpeg
    304.9 KB
  • bus12.jpg
    bus12.jpg
    334.2 KB
Need a gas cap. It has a 20 gallon (?) water tank plus pump and the electrical outlet to plug up. I have the cord too so one less thing to buy.

20160305_092750_zpsncgsymc8.jpgbus17.jpgbus2.jpgbus8.jpg

Attachments

• bus8.jpg
    bus8.jpg
    578.5 KB
  • bus2.jpg
    bus2.jpg
    883.9 KB
  • bus17.jpg
    bus17.jpg
    168.1 KB
  • 20160305_092750_zpsncgsymc8.jpg
    20160305_092750_zpsncgsymc8.jpg
    254.6 KB
My plan will be to make a/c unit flush with bus and maybe put a vent cover or something? I dont like the look of it hanging out of the bus. Spot light are on back and there is a spigot for water. Also propane tubing. The electrical will need to done something with since its just hanging there. I have my work cut out for me but thats okay. I can fix it a little at a time as I can afford.

bus4.jpgbus2.jpgbus11.jpgbus13.jpg

Attachments

• bus4.jpg
    bus4.jpg
    652.6 KB
  • bus2.jpg
    bus2.jpg
    883.9 KB
  • bus11.jpg
    bus11.jpg
    541.6 KB
  • bus13.jpg
    bus13.jpg
    204.5 KB
So cool! So much potential! It makes me want to start a whole new project, and I haven't even put the finishing touches on the cargo trailer yet. Good thing I don't have any extra money right now. Congrats again!

Very nice.  Make sure you go through that electrical as it's the biggest hazard to losing everything. 

How are the mechanicals?

nobodyG17 said:
Very nice.  Make sure you go through that electrical as it's the biggest hazard to losing everything. 

How are the mechanicals?

Everything will be redone to be sure its safe.

We drove it 4 hours home with no problem. I have a mechanic to go over it when I get time.

"My plan will be to make a/c unit flush with bus and maybe put a vent cover or something? I dont like the look of it hanging out of the bus."
-------------------------------------------
If there are side vents on that AC they need to be 'outside'....also try to find where the  condensate drips and make sure it doesn't get clogged.

Congrats on the purchase....now slow and steady on the build. Don't let us 'impatient types' rush ya. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

Love that stupid song.....Hey, it's a catchy tune! Don't hate.

Got to love a woman who buys a bus with a half finished BBQ grill on the back bumper! Nice! :D

John

Dang, I got cut off. I had a paragraph on the layout and electrical part.....:(
You will be good with theses guys, they know what they are doing with vehicles. I only know remodel and home construction. Thought it could transfer.......

John

love the balcony, with the rear door open, great indoor outdoor flow. love the open plan look, nice find good luck, Do those flashing lights work, what a sight you will make arriving at the next RTR with your flashing lights all ablaze.

Oh what Fun! I will be following this for sure. Congratulations Sally!