Solar Cooking?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raven+Squid, I think the SolarFlair is well made, it functions as advertised!
-AK

I bought a Sun Oven before realizing other options were available. It does get nice and hot, and it has a door that shuts on it. It also came with accessories that are useful. I haven't made much use of it because of time, but I am going to browse the cooking threads for ideas.

I'll be doing some solar cooking for the next three days.  Chicken n rice.  Pot roast n veggies.  Sausage n veggies.  Not necessarily in that order.  

I use a basic kit from http://www.solarcookers.org/index.php  because they help on a global scale.  The kit I have from them is NLA except for the folding basic cardboard unit.

I have been using a Sport and Sun oven for three years and recently added the SunFlair. It is not the same as the first two but certainly get the job done given time. I think a folding kit is much better for the dweller than the oven due to the room they take to store. That said the oven are nicer and get hotter faster.

I hope to have a solar cook off at the next RTR to go along with my talk on solar cooking.

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_1789.JPG

Yummo.

Attachments

• IMG_1789.JPG
    IMG_1789.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1805.JPG
    IMG_1805.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1795.JPG