"The Instant Pot and the Miracle Kitchen Devices of Yesteryear"

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried a mandoline. I found that for just me, I was just as happy using a knife. No, I can't get the uniformity. But a mandoline saved me no time, as a knife is fast and easy to clean, while a mandoline is neither. And it takes up noticeably more space than a knife does.
Thank you, and I totally understand. I mentioned the mandolin because it has less blades, and less nooks and crannies to clean.
However, I'm not much of a Cook, and was sharing that the Chopper saved me a lot of time (specifically with chopping Carrots, Onions, and Peppers); + I was cooking enough to fill a good sized stock pot.
For single servings and time permitting I too would prefer the knife; unless I was prepping several meals.

Yup. I have one of those hand sharpeners, and use it nearly every time I use the knife.

Other things regarding sharp knives -

Hand wash only.

Do not just throw your knife in a drawer. I use a leather roll.
LOL, you sound like my son!

I bought a "food chopper" for my sister who cooks a lot and she absolutely swears by it. Quick, easy, multifunctional. Easy to clean. Takes up a little more space, but they are fairly small in person. Some have glass bowls, others metal.
71GV4hmAfqL.jpg