So excited to be here

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramblin Roam

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am officially a solo woman nomad as of the 1st of July and planning to come meet up with you all in Jan at the RTR 
Any advice or tips I should know I've never been to the desert. I'm from Brooklyn originally and have always dreamed of just wandering, I have moved a lot and traveled some but never like what's to come!

Welcome aboard Ramblin'!
Where are you now ?
My only advice at this point is go slow (50-200miles a day max) and see EVERYTHING there is to see along the way!

Welcome to the CRVL forums, RR! This is the BEST place to learn and network. Glad you found d us!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the CRVL Forums     :) 

I'm sure you now have the opportunity for the adventure of your life.   And a chance to recover from any NDD "nature deficit disorder" for the wild outdoors you may have harbored in the past. :p

I would offer you to view my websites below for any ideas you may be able to use.  The bottom one is a Portal of information that can be handy for planning a journey while still at home,  or using while out there on the road
to find comforts, convenience, and interesting stuff to go see. 

All the best in our adventure !   And...think about keeping  a diary or a blog with photos of interesting stuff you've seen along the way.   You'll really be glad you did this in years to come.

rvpopeye said:
Welcome aboard Ramblin'!
Where are you now ?
My only advice at this point is go slow (50-200miles a day max) and see EVERYTHING there is to see along the way!

Right now down visiting with Grands in Tx for a few more days then I'm headed somewhere anywhere cooler LoL

There's a bunch of tribe gathering in Colorado right now ...........
Great place to meet some of us and get a lot of questions answered too !

rvpopeye said:

I'll keep in touch see where y'all at when I leave hereThanks!

rvpopeye said:

Can I get a little more information about the "gathering" in Colorado pretty please? How long will the tribe be there? where? If I can come up and meet everybody? etc...
:D

Ramblin Roam said:
I'll keep in touch see where y'all at when I leave hereThanks!

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Hey Hey I'm just days away! I'm headed to Golden first was hoping to maybe catch up on my way through [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I am looking forward to meeting everyone and yes I have a tonnage of learning to do lol[/font]

rvpopeye said:

You still out here?? I would love to meet up with you all 
I'm just outside Golden now

You still out here?? I would love to meet up with you all
I'm just outside Golden now