Small gathering In North East PA. Sept 2019

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the pic! So happy you guys had a great time and it all went according to plan!
Cool

barbunwired said:
I had a wonderful time at the gathering!

We talked, laughed (our asses off!), shared treats, stories, life experiences, adventures (and misadventures) over morning coffee, shared meals, rainy spells under canopies and around the campfire. And I couldn't have asked for a better group to share it all with.

Thanks, buster, for your efforts organizing a successful north east event.

^^^^  What she said!!! ^^^^

I just got home and I'm all verklempt thinking about it.  I had more fun than I've had in years. I'm already looking forward to next time.

This is dcbinVT with his dog Maggie and his ferret Butternut,  he has traveled all over the United States for many many years  with his pets. dcbinVT  has been a true wealth of knowledge at this gathering.
DF76C4B8-2234-4E74-AE93-EB95939AB018.jpeg

Sorry for his grumpy face in the photo, he has been a happy cheerful person the whole time, but it was a good shot of both his animals together.

To barbunwired and MeiraNomadRN
I’m glad you both had a good time and very happy you were able to make it, thank you for the food the coffee the laughter and the great times. Look forward to seeing you both again.
p.s. Miss Lynn is still chatting away.

SheketEchad said:
I hope we'll be able to continue these East Coast activities!  Happy to hear everyone had a great time :)

We’re still at the camp, enjoying our last night here
Already thinking about it and working on some plans for next year 
And thank you for the bogeyman mojo.

Had a great time up in PA, looking forward to next year already. 

Oh, next year the kayak and bike will be loaded to use to see more, do more.

Made/Have 4 new friends now, which is great. Make that 5.... You guy's know who I missed, the lady at R-12. 

May all your travels be safe.

Out here.

Hey boy scout.

Friend here in PA saying it was great to meet you!

Loved hearing about your life experiences and getting to know you and seeing your rig come together. You've got a great set up and should be comfortable for years. 

I'm sure we'll meet up again in the near future. I'll contact you if I'm heading south this winter.

I know you miss the girl from across the road, but maybe you'll be fortunate enough to meet up with her again soon. Did you get her travel plans? Lol.

barbunwired said:
Hey... :dodgy: yeah you keep on laughing girl, real funny. NO, I didn't ask for travel plans. She left early Friday morning, didn't even say bye,  go figure.

Miss, ur smiling face also.

If you head south I'm right off 95, plenty of room, just give me a heads up. Hey, you don't needs an excess to stop by.

Yeah.... I took notes on things I can improve on, don't need a few things I had. Maker of fact I'm headed to Home Depot in a few. Just as soon as Otis finish his business, he acted like he actually missed me, all happy to see me.

Were your ears ringing, we talked about you and Melonie, we all wished you could have stayed longer. The fire wasn't the same without you guy's. But, I did have coffee ready every morning, as usual. 

Well, Otis is on the porch finally. Homedepot here I come. Need some hardwear and lumber to build a rack for that solar panel, as to get it up off the floor and make room for a few things. Plus clear a spot so the front passenger seat can slide back farther. Ya Never know when a friend needs a ride to the store, right. 

You know you can send me a shout on my e-mail anytime. 

Enjoy your day and evening.

Hey boy scout.

Friend here in PA saying it was great to meet you!

Loved hearing about your life experiences and getting to know you and seeing your rig come together. You've got a great set up and should be comfortable for years. 

I'm sure we'll meet up again in the near future. I'll contact you if I'm heading south this winter.

I know you miss the girl from across the road, but maybe you'll be fortunate enough to meet up with her again soon. Did you get her travel plans? Lol.

We had so much fun that there was talk of trying to do something again — if it happens, I will DM you to make sure you know.

I would like to thank everyone who participated in this small gathering. All that posted and wished us well, those that came, and more who wished they could have made it. For me, it was way more then worth the effort to make it happen. I'm very happy to be part of this CRVL community and looking forward to more. 

Here are some more and reposted picture. Hopefully these post better

IMG_E5773.JPGIMG_5794.JPGIMG_5792.JPGIMG_5763.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5763.JPG
    IMG_5763.JPG
    62.4 KB
  • IMG_5792.JPG
    IMG_5792.JPG
    34 KB
  • IMG_5794.JPG
    IMG_5794.JPG
    29.4 KB
  • IMG_E5773.JPG
    IMG_E5773.JPG
    81.6 KB
Some quick info on each of our rigs/nomad set ups. (Note: I did get clearance from everyone before posting this info)

MeiraNomadRN- Was in her Honda Pilot and in the process of making it workable as a sleep in camping rig 

barbunwired- came in her small 4 door Kia. While sleeping in her back seat for a few days worked for the gathering she does not recommend it for anything longer. And she is looking for a new rig/setup. 

dcbinvt- has a very nice conversion van for himself, dog Maggie and ferret Butternut
IMG_5783.JPG

BoyScout66- Rig is a nicely build out 6x8 runnaway camper pulled by a Toyota FJ. Still a work in progress but looking good.
IMG_5784.JPG

My rig- A homemade 4x8 TTT(tiny travel trailer) pulled by a Honda Civic. with living-room tent and a hammock stand. Also a work in progress and working with what I got and can get for free. Maybe I should just call it a financially challenged rig.  :s
IMG_5790.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5783.JPG
    IMG_5783.JPG
    95.2 KB
  • IMG_5784.JPG
    IMG_5784.JPG
    101.6 KB
  • IMG_5790.JPG
    IMG_5790.JPG
    96.1 KB
I think this small gathering was a big success. I believe all who attended would agree. I have made 4 new great friends and have learned much from them already. We really had fun!

I can already say I would like to do this again next year. Time frame is second half of September 2020. Looking to expand max capacity to 16 or more. As I understand the rules so far I will not be able to get permits/reservations for the sites until 90 days before the event start date. However, anyone interested in joining us please post up here. 
I will start a new thread sometime in the early spring next year. 

p.s.
dcbinvt recommends the Kancamangus Hwy through the White Mts. in NH, Now I can too!  :D  This is why it's taken me a few days to get these last posts up. It was a great scenic ride, put it on your list if you are headed up that way.

F3C9D49C-AA88-4D68-8E30-34EDCD606882.jpeg

It was truly an excellent experience and I’m so glad to have spent time with everyone. 

Here’s a shot of how we were laid out in the site:

Attachments

• F3C9D49C-AA88-4D68-8E30-34EDCD606882.jpeg
    F3C9D49C-AA88-4D68-8E30-34EDCD606882.jpeg
    1.3 MB
To All from dcb in Vt:

I've bragged to my kids about what a great time we all had. My kids don't understand "boondocking," and can't imagine
why anyone would want to do that. Although we were a camping family - mostly in tents - they've moved on as adults not understanding the joys of this life style. Grandkids are now into camping.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful time we had together.
Maggie wants to know why we can't go back, and Butternut really misses Meira.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.