PA - Small Gathering In North East PA. Sept 2020

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster1903

Reaction score
This will be the second annual Small Gathering in North East PA.     This will NOT be an East Coast RTR.

Obviously the current virus situation is a major factor in this gathering and it’s planning. But The planning and permits are free. I hope by September things will have calmed down and we will be able to enjoy time together and meet new people. I wish everyone the best in staying healthy.

I have just returned to New Jersey from the desert southwest and my first RTR, and now it’s time to start planning some stuff here in the East.
The plan is similar to last year to have a small gathering in the Pocono mountains of Pennsylvania, second half of September of this year. Exact dates will not be set until June as permits for the campsite cannot be issued more than 90 days in advance. It will be free for all. At this point the campsite will be limited to 20 people. While I am obviously not going to ask anyone to commit at this time, I will try to give opportunity to reserve spots at the campsite out in the order of posts that show interest on this thread.
Please feel free to post interest, questions, and any suggestions.
I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting many new ones.
Best of luck to you all, stay safe and healthy out there

Hello Buster 1903 - I am a PA boy - near Hershey. I would love to get together with others from our region. But, my plans are to be in East KY this summer and fall. With this virus thing plans are not very reliable so I'll end up where I end up. Flipping a coin would be a more accurate predictor. I have been keeping a list of East Coast Nomads for future reference and searching out caravan locations for HOWA in the Mid Atlantic Region. Bob is talking about 4 regional RTRs in the future - only God knows.

Hi Buster
I will be at your gathering in the Pocono Mountains in September. Keep me updated.

Thanks Freesolonomad

nature lover said:
Hello Buster 1903 -  I am a PA boy - near Hershey.  I would love to get together with others from our region.  

We will all have to see how things pan out with the virus, but if you are free and able we would love to have you.

Freesolonomad said:
Hi Buster
I will be at your gathering in the Pocono Mountains in September. Keep me updated.

Ok Freesolonomad, Will confirm with you when dates are set. I look forward to seeing you there.

I can't wait! Will be great to make some new friends and take my little van camping! Please keep me in the loop. I live in central NJ with my 85yo mother, but have a little cabin in Gouldsboro PA in the Poconos. September is nice for camping in the mountains! I would love to see an RTR on the east coast so I could attend. Also wouldn't mind a US version of Camp Quirky in the UK. Would be awesome to see amazing built out vans.

Hi Buster... Originally from western PA ... I hope to be up that way anyway in September. Put me down for updates. God willing this virus thing will calm down in time.

Hi all,

deryk_the_gypsy: We will be glad to have you. I had never heard of Camp Quirky, very cool. https://www.quirkycampers.co.uk/

JeanInaBox: Really hope you and all of us can make it. 

MeiraNomadRN: Hi.    This is my most helpful camping buddy, she has been a great go to for information and help on every trip I have taken since we met at last years NE Gathering. I would like to thank her for the help she has already given to make it happen again this year. She will continue to be a big part of the planing for this gathering and is a good contact for information if you can't get me.  :D

dcbinvt: It will be awesome to have you, Butternut and Maggy back this year. Your great pool of experience was super valuable to us all.

Stay safe and healthy everybody

…. anybody hear from Boy Scout?

Maggie and Butternut tell me they're looking forward to it. (LOL)
Butternut particularly for loving from MeiraNomadRN
dcb in VT

If my work schedule permits (pending coronavirus) I will be following, it depends on the exact date.

Chris84 -- I'll make sure you're on the list.

Firebuild -- I will make sure you are on the list as well. I see you are a 'death enthusiast*' like myself, we'll have extra to talk about. ;o)

*for those who find that phrase unfamiliar, there's a channel on Youtube called Ask a Mortician and at the end she says "this channel is supported by fellow death enthusiasts like you" ala the PBS ads. It sounds creepy but it's super interesting so go take a gander 'cause I'm sure you'll find something you'll enjoy.

Today, 4/2, is National Ferret Day. Thought you'd like to know.

As most of you know I travel with my ferret.

I tried to include a picture of Butternut but could not insert it into this post.

Only could add as attachment - please see it.

dcbinVTView attachment ButternutA.bmp

Attachments

• ButternutA.bmp
    140.6 KB · Views: 20