Small Camper Trailer Rental for RTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanSkulk

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about renting campers in the Quartzsite/Phoenix area? I'm looking for a very small towable camper. Maybe a teardrop?

Does anybody know anything about renting campers in the Quartzsite/Phoenix area? I'm looking for a very small towable camper. Maybe a teardrop?
Just use the right keywords and all will be revealed
Such as “rent teardrop trailer Arizona”

Do not turn a keyword search into a sentence. Stick with only the most essential words if you want fast, accurate results.

Whoops.
No results found for "rent teardrop trailer Arizona".

Now for the next option for finding a rental smaller sized travel trailer. There are companies that act as online rental agencies for persons renting out their own personal property RVs. Rather like an air BNB business website. Those individual renters do not turn up on a standard keyword search. You have to search out the rental agencies and then look at their inventory offerings in the locations closest to where you want to go.

The company Outdoorsy is one such place. Here is a teardrop trailer on their current offerings list in the Phoenix region.
See 20 photos of this 2021 Pindrop Travel Trailers Fina Roma Travel trailer in Phoenix, AZ for rent now at $99.00/night
https://www.outdoorsy.com/rv-rental...k&utm_medium=affiliate&cam=58&subcam=40661_NA
They do have other small travel trailers including some pop ups.

https://www.outdoorsy.com/rv-rental/gilbert_az/2022_braxton-creek_free-solo_325981-listing?address=Arizona&filter[type]=trailer,fifth-wheel,toy-hauler,folding-trailer

Good luck with your hunt, the little rental trailers are out there but finding exactly where will require sifting them out of hiding inside of various types of rental agencies. Remember small does not mean cheap to rent!

Last edited:
I had found the outdoorsy site previously, but I wasn't able to find a small tow-able like a tear drop. In fact, I still can't find one on that site on my own. I'm not sure how you did it maki2.

But it doesn't matter. That's too much money. I'm going to plan B.

I have a van that will be travel ready soon, but I was thinking about bringing my brother with me to the RTR (2026) and the van is not big enough for both of us to sleep in. So I guess I'm going to look into a tent instead.

Thanks for the help

That' a great idea shadowmoss! I did see that video a while back. I've never rented a Uhaul for more than one day. I wonder if it is normal for people to rent a van for a couple weeks?

Do they ask what you're going to be using it for and do they care if you say camping?

Just a reminder….You can call and ask about use policies or even most likely preview the rental contracts online. There is no need to guess or wonder about what the contracts say or rely on word of mouth.
There is more than one rental company in most of the large cities with a major regional airport such as Phoenix.

I had found the outdoorsy site previously, but I wasn't able to find a small tow-able like a tear drop. In fact, I still can't find one on that site on my own. I'm not sure how you did it maki2.

But it doesn't matter. That's too much money. I'm going to plan B.

I have a van that will be travel ready soon, but I was thinking about bringing my brother with me to the RTR (2026) and the van is not big enough for both of us to sleep in. So I guess I'm going to look into a tent instead.

Thanks for the help
How I do it.
I think in keywords, they come easy. My IQ in the subject of English is in the top 1%. So helping people find information is just a very quick treasure hunting game I can play that helps people. Playing the “keyword game” is very good brain exercise for a person in their mid 70s. So it helps me while helping others.

There is plenty of second hand camping gear on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist at this time of year. Do be aware you will need extra ground cloth under a tent in Quartzsite as there is a layer of stones on the ground. They will cut right into a tent bottom. That stone layer is referred to as “desert float”. It is an important geological feature that stabilizes the soil on the desert keeping it from blowing away. There are too many idiots that go out to the LTVAs and rake it away so they can put out very large rugs in front of their big RVs never caring or thinking about why they should not do that. It takes many hundreds of years for the desert float to rise up to repair that damage. Move the big lumps of stones but leave those smaller ones in place. Or look for a place to pitch your tent where a previous camper has raked away the rocks.

Last edited:
Just remember if you rent the $19/day van from U-Haul that there is a separate charge for mileage. If you are driving somewhere and sitting still (using a second vehicle for day trips) it can work.

Enterprise also rents cargo vans with a daily rate of $70 and unlimited mileage. You might need to call to find the closest pickup location as I can't get them to admit online to having any in stock in Phoenix. I think they probably do, but there is an 800 number to call. I was looking at the Enterprise truck side of the rentals.

You would need to decide if you want to drive enough to offset the $50/day difference in price from the U-Haul. As for intended use, just say personal, not business.

I'm thinking if I can find a Uhaul van close to the BLM, then I could just park it there the whole time for $20/day. Not a bad deal for shelter and no disturbing the float.