360 security camera via for rig on an antenna?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance22

Reaction score
No clue where to really begin.. but I kinda want to see about getting a 360 camera that are on top of an antenna. If a camera is the size of a golf ball then putting a 2ft antenna on my van with a small camera isn't going to stand out that much and it would have plenty of height to see out far and that way I can see what is going all around me without having to peek out.

Mainly to be honest.. it be nice to know if somebody is approaching as I'm pooping. hahaha if I'm being honest. Given I mostly stay in the city in parking lots It be a nice feature.

Only other thing I could do is mount 4 cameras like go-pro size on all 4 sides of my solar panels and be able to view all sides. Plus having it while driving for insurance purposes be nice as well. Maybe even do a always recording but only saving the last few hours so I can pull footage before it's gone idk..

I never done anything like this so I don't want anything to noticeable. Don't know where to even start on this one so just figured I'd give it a go.

For $32 you can get a periscope from Amazon. Looks exactly like the UZI brand for $59 case & all. Amazon also has tons of ext 360 deg camera that pan up & down. Some are solar powered but all bugger than a golf ball but put a bracket on the can & use a telescoping mast.

5X Periscope HD Monocular Weatherproof Portable High Power Monoculars Periscope, Adjustable 20" to 27" Observation Telescope Device for Bird Watching Hunting Hiking Concert Travelling​