Skyrocketing fuel costs have van lifers concerned. Here are 5 reasons why this may be the BEST thing to happen to your van life dream.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has nothing to do with where the oil comes from. It's all about the price at the pump. It's just not high enough yet to save the planet from a successful hoax.
Absolutely, totally agree! We are in effect making the same argument.

They SAY that they are shutting our production down based on the long term environmental concerns (that I also see as a hoax), yet they seem to be too thick headed to realize the truth: Shut ours down, buy from (insert country here) and it's still the same results for the environment, which makes it clear that they want us to use less, headed toward zero, regardless of who gets hurt in the process. It sure won't be the big shot fat-cat's that run around in private aircraft and limousines that will be affected.

My guess is that if you follow the history and how this thing got started you will see the real goal. But that's just a guess. One person went looking for a government grant to do research. That actually happened and the topic was the threat of global cooling. Now the money was good and the thing was to repackage it as global warming. That gained traction. More and more people jumped on the bandwagon of free money at the government's expense. More research. more scare mongering. Then they got together and made up all the junk science to support it. And the real goal of changing the world started to back it up. The sky is falling in order to make a new elite class of rulers that represent the new 1%. It takes money to make a new world order. Fear of planetary disaster is perfect for that purpose. Let's sell the suckers hot air. And the suckers are buying it. Every prediction about this has failed to materialize and so they keep moving the goal posts. Now we are going to see the effect of a global economy. We are seeing supply chain shortages that have on their own driven up the prices of used vehicles like vans for instance. If we are going all electric in the near future then where is all the new electric wiring to support an overloaded grid coming from. I recall brown outs and rationing of electricity in California only a few years ago. I see a huge increase in inflation in the forecast just based on what it costs to run a vehicle like an 18 wheeler. They don't run on batteries during brown outs and rationing. But t's all OK. We can trust our leaders to fix everything that money can solve. It's endless after all. This is like watching a horror film and laughing because everyone gets killed in the end. My brother just pointed out to me the fallout projections for where I am located. No shelter required after the major city to the north west gets disintegrated. Just thought I would add that to the wonderful state of circumstances. When you see the bright light, laugh. No more gas prices.

This is an absurd proposition imo, you're suggesting that a "new elite" is going to replace the existing oligarchy.
It's ok if you disagree with me. The new oligarchy have already established themselves. They use media, censorship, money, education, and legislation through laws and litigation in higher courts. I've never seen a more unhappy to live and let live America in 70 years. The promise of an utopian society will be at the expense of other people's money. It will run out just like it has before wherever it has been tried. I'm all for it too. I'm waiting for the crisis of a second civil war. Now that's a crisis that should never go to waste. But before that happens there will need to be the great American purge. The new elite will do what every other society did as they bring in the new order. They will eliminate their enemies. Having watched it all happen before I don't see how it can be avoided. So it's eliminate the enemy within first or sit back and be rounded up and exterminated. I should have saved this for around the campfire on Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.