• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skills needed skoolie conversion Phoenix area

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ECherene

Reaction score
Anyone in the NW Phoenix metro area (or close by) have some skills they'd like to share on an upcoming skoolie conversion for family of 3 (mama and 2 daughters). We have no skill! ? But we want to do this project together, as a family gaining skills, bonding and knowing our soon to be home inside and out. This will be our home and we will be entering the nomadic life, leaving a good portion of society behind. We are on a monthly budget for our build and compensation would not resemble professional services, but it would be something! -We're leaving a lot by taking on this new chapter, a situation a lot of mamas have a hard time finding an exit for. We're beaming with excitement and hope and know that, one way or another, we will accomplish thi . ❤️ Our bus arrives second week of October and it's a 30', TC2000 10 window 4 doors 5.9 Cummins w/Allison transmissio . Seats and wheelchair ramp are gutted. No rust work to be done. Tachometer needs to be changed and exhaust cleaned but otherwise runs great (seals will need to be replaced at some point but THAT'S expensive). The engine sits next to driver . I have researched and binged on videos for months and have a novice understanding of what needs to happen, I simply have no previous skill, will need to purchase or rent equipment etc etc. Anyone in or will be in the area to lend some time & skill would be greatly appreciated and compensation of some level would be available. Trying to roll out the 1st of February. Trusting, compassionate, good people, please inquire. ❤️

Hi ECherene!
Sounds like you might consider a newcomer's forum post. I lurked on here for months before I did but helps get the ball rolling. There's a van build gathering in Parker, AZ in Nov. Be sure to see if that might work for helping you out with some of the build. (I think I'm allowed to post links now, lol)

Best wishes for you and the family's build. We're kinda local, Mesa.

Latest posts