Shameless

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SternWake

Reaction score
Streaming this Show on Netflix has given me many a belly laugh.  The Pilot is OK, but it gets more amusing, and better, in my opinion as the episodes and seasons pile up.

Anybody else enjoy this show?

Got any other recommendations?

The UK or US version? I don't have Netflix, so I don't know which is on there. The US version with William H. Macy is a lot raunchier, I felt like the pacing was quite a bit slower in the UK version.

They are both a lot of fun though as long as you aren't easily offended. I really love the fact that the show doesn't shy away from the darker parts of extreme poverty and crime.

As long as [extreme!] violence doesn't bother you, I think Sons of Anarchy is on Netflix. It's about a biker gang that runs a criminal enterprise. Fan-freaking-tastic show.

American version.

Enjoyed SOA very much too.

Is british version good?
Phone reply. Forgive brevity spelling and grammar

The British version is very good, but in a different way. I felt like there was less humor and it was a lot bleaker overall. It still had some very funny moments though. I actually almost gave up on it because the first season is almost the exact same as the US version, but they diverge after that.

Guy, I've only seen bits and pieces of TPB, but from what little I saw I think they are VERY different types of show. I feel like asking if Shameless is better is like asking if The Colbert Report is better than Lost. Apples and oranges.

Also, if you're open to scifi/fantasy I can never recommend Game of Thrones and Firefly enough. Especially Firefly. It is the one and only TV show that I can rewatch on a near constant basis and never get tired of.

Trailer Park Boys is dumb humor (in my opinion)
Shameless is dark humor, when it's humorous. More like Weeds, Orange Is The New Black and Breaking Bad.

Loved all those shows. Now on the last season of Shameless.

I love shameless--very well written, produced and acted! But is is a fine line of dark humor and hopelessness and a few times they've gone over the line for me. People struggling through huge sh*t and at least breaking even is good, but too much of a downer becomes depressing and I don't want that.

While there is always a downer, most of the characters are overall making some progress with their lives, even if it is 3 steps forward, 2 steps back.

Except the main girl (don't remember any of their names) she just seems to keep going from the frying pan into the fire and I'm getting tired of that.
Bob

Shameless is one of my favorites. Found it a few months ago and binged watched almost every season. Still have to catch up on a few episodes of last season and the current season.

Another Shameless fan. Binge watched all on Netflix. Signed up for the 30 day free trial on Showtime to watch the last season, lol. :)

I like Shameless. Lots of good tv out there. Check out The Americans. For real, my only recommendation. A show about living on the double.
Preacher was a fun, just one season so far.
Halt and Catch Fire: I really like this show. It takes place in the 80s, maybe it feels like my childhood?
Rick and Morty: I hate cartoons, double hate adult swim, but this show... I dunno how I like it but I think I know why. It is logical?

Hank

Just watched Episode 1 and enjoyed it...good recommendation :)

Another pretty good show with dark humor show is Nurse Jackie