Seven Ryobi one+ tools, two batteries $159

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weak batteries for the high-current tools.

4AH ones really the way to go for drills and sawing.

Yet good enough for the person that isn't a daily user or professional.
Like , say for a one time van build out and then occasional projects while trying to make your money stretch ,,,,prefect !

I don't need DeWalt or Rockwell quality anymore though so I would consider these , especially at that price .

I went from a full blown cabinet shop with all the cast iron anyone could want to a small road case with some power tools in it with a mini table saw on top. The skills are in my hands and head , not in the tools I use. :cool:

blars said:
This looks like a good deal from Home Depot for a Ryobi one+ set:
Entry level tools, not their best batteries.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10973995-home-depot-ryobi-7-tool-combo-kit-159

Thanks to you I searched for Ryobi combo deals and found a $39.60 combo
Ryobi P825 18V One+ Cordless Lithium Ion Power Tool Starter Kit (Includes 1/2" Drill / Driver, 5 1/2" Circular Saw, Compact Battery, Charger, and Contractor’s Bag)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B..._title_2?smid=A2863QO7PSKX1N&psc=1&pldnSite=1

I bought a Ryobi set with a light circular saw and driver. I bought it with the intention of building out the fit. The one tool I've used the most is the flash light. It might have been bob that I originally learned of it from. That was in the days of watching non stop you tube videos on van life. I can charge the battery on a 50-60 watt charger off my 120 watt inverter...

You'll want a pair of at least 4AH batteries, only buy direct from Home Depot not online so you get proper warranty.

Sometimes on sale, but usually $100 per pair.

The car charger off 12V is also much better than using an inverter.

I like Ryobi tools. They are always good enough for what I need them for. I'd go with a circular saw, jig saw, reciprocating saw and a drill at first... I was thinking maybe a router too but that's more of a one time or not many times use tool so probably skip that one. Then go with this battery charger so you don't have to use a generator or inverter: https://www.amazon.com/Ryobi-P131-Portable-Chemistry-Lithium/dp/B0026SRQEM

Their best feature is the same ONE+ battery design has been around forever and they've committed to keep to it

The chemistry and capacities evolve, but the keep things backward-compatible at least one generation back.

Runs hundreds of devices and often adapted nby DIY types for general purpose use as a powerpack.

In fact it's hard to buy the LI cells they use internally from a reliable source for less. Lots of counterfeits and facyory seconds out there.

Make sure to only buy the batts from Home Depot, they don't honor warranty from other online sellers.

Thanks @Francesfree! I have been waiting for a good price on the Ryobi circular saw. You made my day!

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm just going to say what Ryobi has been for me, AWESOME. I purchased a multi piece kit close to 20 years ago that included a Flash light, Skill saw, Drill motor and Saw's all using 18 Volt Nicad batteries and a charger in a single large case. Everyone of those tools is still working as good as the day i bought them and I have used the ever living crap out of them. I did purchase over the years replacement batteries and last year I decided to replace them with lithium Ion batteries and a charger. It was no surprise to me as I have been using Lipo batteries for years in model airplanes that the batteries for these tools work incredibly well.

I recently needed a router and choose Ryobi again, compared to many others it works very well at a lower cost.

To each his own, I am happy with Ryobi!

Latest posts