Serenity

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ribbon windshield sealer is wonderful stuff for vents, get the 3/8" if you have gaps or uneven surfaces.

If you use 1/4" (4mm) luan and paint a couple of coats of latex on it with a foam roller it takes on a texture a little like an orange. I use white semi gloss exterior paint.

Ok-- rvp.. what?? How does this effect a leaky roof vent under warranty??
I am so confused

Sorry , I posted that after reading the thread where the ceiling panels were .

Now I have finished catching up..........

I use pro flex on my roof leaks , it also comes in a can for applying with a brush or roller.
About $21 for a quart. Doesn't harden up in the can after opening like a partially used tube either.
I get it at a lumber yard in the roof repair isle not with the caulk tubes.

It's thinner (looks like clear honey)than the stuff in the tubes but seals leaks better on a flat surface.
I use the tube version on vertical surfaces.

Camping World is the pits.................

ok I have had it with these guys. please post the name of the company and their phone number. I know you already posted their name but I don't want to go back and read all the posts. I will call these jerks and see what I can do. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
ok I have had it with these guys.  please post the name of the company and their phone number.  I know you already posted their name but I don't want to go back and read all the posts.  I will call these jerks and see what I can do.  highdesertranger

Let them know that quite a few people are folowing this debacle.  6 months is way too long to keep screwing over a cash customer.  They are not the only company thay makes that product.   :dodgy:

writing a letter to the regional manager (the guy I spoke to on the phone) about the newest leak, and my disappointment.
this is my rough draft.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you after our conversation a week or so ago.

Remember how I took the 6x14 back to Cascade to have the roof leak/s fixed, and they claimed they couldn't find any sign of one? (see attached photos)
But they said they found a leak at the roof vent. So they re did the roof vent seal?

Well, guess what.. It is now leaking significantly there as well. (see attached photo)

And my Eternabond fix of the roof/edge seam did not address the water problem there, so I used clear Pro-Flex at each of the trim screws..

I am unbelievably frustrated at this point.
I had chosen your company because it was rated highly and built locally.
I saved up for a year to afford this trailer to continue building my own business.

And as it sits, I deeply regret wasting a $4000 investment on something that is USELESS to me.
It is delaying my business, wasting my time, and at this point- I hate even looking at it.

You asked what you could do to make it right?
How about you take back your poorly built trailer and refund my money?

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

worst they can say is No...

GotSmart said:
Let them know that quite a few people are folowing this debacle.  6 months is way too long to keep screwing over a cash customer.  They are not the only company thay makes that product.   :dodgy:

HDR, It is CargoMate by Forest River. I've heard nothing good about recent FR products.

*banging head on wall*
At this point I would be tempted to visit somebody with a fairly heavy blunt instrument

Before anyone goes all nut-bar on these people- I wish to try to use "reasonable discussion" and warranty paperwork to find an agreeable solution.

I will leave blunt-heavy objects and the might of CRVL as a Last resort.

Thank you. :)

GypsyDogs said:
Before anyone goes all nut-bar on these people- I wish to try to use "reasonable discussion" and warranty paperwork to find an agreeable solution.

I will leave blunt-heavy objects and the might of CRVL as a Last resort.

Thank you.  :)

Too late ~~~  I PM you contact info for someone that should be able to help.   That is what I do.  I am color blind, so red tape is not a problem for me.  ;)

I showed him this thread.  That is as nut~bar as I went.  :cool:

Thanks GotSmart. I really appreciate the assist.

I will let you all know how this all plays out.

Don't forget your costs and time and a bonus for stress and inconvenience !
He can count how many lost sales from this thread and the cost of training for the screw ups that did your build too.....................

After thinking a little more about this .
I'd ask him what compensation HE would expect if this story was about a purchase HE made and put HIS time and materials into and delayed HIS life/plans....................
Then we will all find out if anyone would want to buy their products in the future.
(I wonder how many of us now and in the future have and will buy a trailer in the future , bet it would be a year's production or more !)

Small claims court or depending on the amount involved it may be time for a lawyer. Put a nice big sign on it and park it in front of their sales lot till it gets fixed, it sure isn't doing you any good setting at your place! Check out local TV stations community service group.

Guys, it hs been brought to the attention of corperate, and someone that can make things happen.  

Just wait to see if they take steps to make her happy.   :cool:

I don't know if your state's lemon law covers trailers or even if they have one but it used to be after a certain number of attempts you could take it any where you wanted to be repaired and they would have to foot the bill. I think I wouldn't want the people that couldn't build it right in the first place, couldn't fix it correctly or seem to even know how check to for problems, touching my trailer again. Repairs done incorrectly can end up being worst than not repairing it in the first place. I would at this point want to watch my new trailer being built, or take the present to a trusted independent and tell them to take the old one apart and replace any incorrectly attached or water proofed panels that had seen water damage due to leakage. Once mold or corrosion begin it can take a while before it gives you problems but it can give you problems. After what you have been through I think the manufacture should cover all expenses. I would love to be on the jury that hears your case if the manufacture doesn't, and there is enough of us someone probably would be. Take lots of pictures, and get estimates from a certified RV repair technician. Money back is not enough unless it covers your improvements or repairs.

Update:

Got in touch with the person GotSmart referred me to. (thank you, again, btw)

Nice man, seems agreeable.
Seems genuinely troubled that the local dealer sold me something to do a job, that due to its nature and construction- it will likely never be able to perform. (aka be-watertight)

He asked for a few days to try to find a resolution- and he and the local area manager are putting their heads together at this time.

Will update as things develop.

GypsyDogs said:
Update:
<----snip---->
He asked for a few days to try to find a resolution- and he and the local area manager are putting their heads together at this time.

Will update as things develop.
Looking forward to hearing the resolution to this, and hoping it's a good one.
Fingers crossed for you. :)

Latest posts