• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Seeking skills in AZ

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking to get help and possibly barter some work on my RV before or at the RTR. My main thing is getting my solar panel to work. I have one installed, it just doesn’t seem to be hooked up correctly for it doesn’t charge my batteries. I’d also like to add another panel eventually. 

I have a couple of my handles for my under-cab storage falling off and need advice on how to fix them. 

My heater blows, but the air doesn’t get hot anymore. 

My generator needs a new starter. 

I have many skills to barter and can get items from Home Depot, walmart, and a couple other stores with cards I have. I just don’t have too much cash to spare and looking for someone who can get creative with me. I’m very good with fixing things and can help with everything. I’m in the Phoenix area lingering until RTR haha. So I can travel to you. Thanks for reading!

What part of Phoenix, it's huge?
Do you have a place to work on it?

the van build starts in a few days outside of Parker AZ, but they are pretty booked, they still might be able to squeeze you in. also one of the Caravans is over in Ehrenberg AZ right now. we are usually a pretty helpful bunch, someone will step up. highdesertranger

That looks like a lot of different skills. Rather than look for one person to do it all, you will probably be better off following HDR's advice and just getting out there. Then, every time you meet someone new, just ask them if they are up for trading a little work. That's pretty much how it worked way back in the olden times.

I will be at the RTR this year, look me up, I will help you.

I’m just lingering in Phoenix and surrounding BLM land. Right now I’m boondocking north of Phoenix. I don’t not have a local place to work, I’m just here sort of waiting for RTR. It’s my first time in the area. I love the advice and hadn’t heard of the van build until now. I may try to make that, otherwise meeting up with the caravan and/or meeting people at RTR sound like a great bet. I’d love to meet you Vonbrown! Which project would you possibly be able to help with?

Thank you all!

I am very handy and will have my tools with me at the RTR. I would love to help! No compensation needed. Shoot me a message as it gets closer to the RTR, Ill be there 2 days early

Thank you both so much! I’ll message you when we get closer date wise. I got my solar fixed at the Van build, but will still need help with other projects. I’m so, so grateful for the help and look forward to meeting you!

Thanks to those who suggested the Van build! My solar got hooked up and I met some great people. Hadn’t even heard of it until it was suggested. Much appreciation.

Well, dig this!

I'm the type who gets a bit involved with a number of threads on a few different formus. (New to this one) I certainly do crave the communication involved. But I think of it as 'food for thought' mostly.

Now this thread resulted in measurable progress for the OP. It's unusual.

Nice job!

Latest posts