scared and concerned

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've stayed in more than one hotel/motel parking lot. The key is to pick the large ones, connecting restaurant is a plus. Never had an issue.

Hi Missnout,

This will be the first time I'll be going to the RTR, as well. Have no idea what to expect, but hope for the best. There will be quite a few of us there that it will be their first time, so you aren't alone. Maybe we need to have a 'Newbie Spot' designated that the new people can go to when we aren't sure of what to do, and hope the regulars will walk up and show us the way, haha.

(hmm.. wonder if I should bring that canopy thingy and stick a sign on it that says 'Newbies! Come, show us your ways..' and stick some chairs out.. it's a thought :D )

All I know is I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I've only met one couple from here (Tony and Karen), and if others are anything like them at all, you have nothing to worry about!! :)

I'll be going via Hwy 10 down from western Oklahoma area, maybe people that are going that route about he same time can caravan together? Schedules working, and all. A safety in numbers kind of thing. It's a thought. :)

I wish I new exactly when I could pull out, hoping right after thanksgiving.Let the fuel prices come down a little. I am going to try and stay a night at the Carlsbad cavern area, would like to see that. Was thinking we could start a newbie color like yellow tie a yellow bandanna or ribbon on your vehicle and all will know. or purple or blue

Pammy I will recognize you from your pics. I will be the crazy lady yelling "Hey!! I know you!!" and I will run up and hug you lol. What day do plan on leaving out?

Missnout....If....or as Theadyn/Pammy says "WHEN" I go lol ..... I will also probably have to travel I10 as well to avoid bad weather. A little caravan would be alright with me ladies. We can put "RTR or Bust" on the back window of our vans/vehicles. I'll do it. Bashfulness is not my strong point lol. You both may leave before me though ;-(

I won't be leaving out until after New Year's. Not sure of which day, depending on weather. So it might just work Dana/SSW. :)

I like the bandana tying idea! Or, guess we can always cardboard and marker a sign to stick on our windshield, haha!! :D

RTR or Bust!!!

I'm about 4 hours north of I-10 IF i'm able to go it would be after the 1st of January. Ladies please keep me in the loop as caravan plans come togather or in the words of C.W. McCall "Looks Like we got us a CONVOY!!!"

That would be great!! You are officially "in the loop" gramakittycat!

WHOO BOY!  The guys are going to be in trouble,  You are starting a gal party already!   :D

Welcome to the zoo.  Everyone has a good time, even if we have to make them!   ;)

Nothing to be concerned about!   :cool:

this is great a "convoy". u all got your cb's, good buddy. breaker, breaker. stay away form the jimmy hauling hogs. highdesertranger

:D RTR or Bust, Love it. Ill Post as soon as Im sure of a take off date.

Sounds like you guys are going to have way too much fun.Go for it.I was just thinking that Scared and Concerned would be a good title for a reality show.

missnout said:
I am coming from Burleson, Tx, my son is 22 but his aspergers makes him a little diffrent, most people love him.

Hey I'm originally from Burleson, Lived there for 30 years!  Pm me we can talk about the old town.

JoeDon