RVing on a fixed income

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BTWonder

Reaction score
I have seen videos about living on the road from $280. a month to way out of my range, could someone please help me. Been trying to get in touch with Diane that lives on the road and only make's a little over $600. a month. that's is about all you make on fixed SS. Does everybody on the road do something else to survive, a must know before I can get anymore itchy feet.

Workamping is my extra income.

I'm still waiting for the Stones to call me for a world tour ................

Not everybody who lives on a small fixed income works.

The prime key is being debt free and staying that way.

The next key is having a well thought out budget and sticking to it.

If $600. a month is all you have to live on, you have to be very disciplined about your spending.

Budget - first take out the mandatory expenses like insurance. Then figure out what you need for food and some limited cell phone service. Add in ice and laundry. Gas budget is mandated by what's left. If it's very little then it needs to be saved for when you have to make seasonal moves.

It's entirely possible to live the year round in Arizona and be quite comfortable and drive no further than a 250 mile radius. Up in altitude in the spring when it gets hotter and down in altitude in the fall as it cools off.