RTR roll call

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll only remember some if I only meet you briefly, a better shot of it if I write it down somehow. Your face I will not forget nor your situation, it's just names that I suck at.

I'll be at the RTR, it's my first time.  I'll be in a brand-new cargo trailer that will be just barely livable, being used as a glorified tent for now.  An older tan-colored F150 towing the rig, assuming the whole contraption doesn't break down on the way!  (I'm coming from MN!)

I have no generator at this point, and only a little solar.  Well, technically the solar is sitting in my living room since I don't even pick up the trailer 'til Tuesday.  Yep, I'll be living/building/camping all at the same time.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

PS: Oh, yeah, I'm terrible with names too. I forget them about 3 seconds after I hear 'em.

There will be a button machine courtesy of Bob or Beth (almost there)

Although, again this year I won't be there, but a suggestion. I associate a lot of you by your online name, ie, dragonfly or gunny.  perhaps putting both on button?   one of these years I will make it-sigh.
Nora

RVtrek:
I have a box truck, but I'm in almost exactly the same situation as you, so I understand completely. No solar yet, so I'll be using a generator sporadically and minimally.  I think I understand now what people go through who buy an old house and live in it while they're renovating it. The word "challenge" is an understatement.

jaxtonsgram/Nora:
Excellent idea. I was having similar thoughts myself.

Vagabound

Oh it's definitely going to be both names on the buttons if you've got one.

I for one, need to associate given names with handles to make any kind of connection.

A few of us were discussing this the other day, we all have the same thing on our phones - Diane Dragonfly, Doug Masterplumber etc. etc. is how my phone contacts are arranged.  :D

Almost There said:
Oh it's definitely going to be both names on the buttons if you've got one....

I suppose the commonsense guiding principle will be what each individual is actually comfortable putting on their own button. However, I still think that both forum username and real first name is the best.

Vagabound

Vagabound said:
However, I still think that both forum username and real first name is the best.

Vagabound

I couldn't agree more.  I like usernames.  They can be clever and interesting, and sometimes give you a clue as to their owner's personality.  But I think everyone should sign their messages with their real first name.  (hint).  But maybe I'm just being old fashioned.

OK, OK, OK, my real name is ...

Bartholomew Nigglesworth.  Happy now?

Tom

Auto360 said:
Hmm, never welded exhaust yet but certainly worth a try. Looking at rtr dates it might be better for someone to swing maybe before it starts...possibly even before Christmas.

My brother used to weld exhaust pipe with a tourch and coat hanger wirwire. If you can find someonelike that, it should be an easy fix...

Madpeep said:
I've met so many people in my travels that names are forgotten within seconds of hearing them.

No need to worry about that with me. I don't even use my actual name in real life for anything other than legal documents. :cool:

Vagabound said:
OK, OK, OK, my real name is ...

Bartholomew Nigglesworth.  Happy now?

What! Another Bartholomew Niggleswort??? Who'd have thought?  :)

I am not telling anyone what my first name is or the initial of the last name, or the year I was born.

omg. i think im figuring this out. I must be the uncomputerest person on earth.

timotea said:
omg. i think im figuring this out. I must be the uncomputerest person on earth.

(Bites tongue and does not make political joke.)   :-/

DannyB1954 said:
I am not telling anyone what my first name is or the initial of the last name, or the year I was born.

Then we'll just put DannyB1954 on your button and be done with it.... :D :D :angel:

I've never camped at Quartzsite, before so I have a question where do you fill up with water when do you have to pay for it?

i threw one of my daughters old platform beds under cap of pickup and brought camping gear and water jugs and bucket for poo. had a ball. also Get a little buddy and tank from your bbq and youll be fine. welcome. last year was MY first. Cool peeps for sure.