RTR roll call

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ArtW said:
Well, hell, looks like i won't be there, couldn't get the time off work
Lousy job :(

Sorry to hear of this Art. I was looking forward to meeting you.

Hi , I have very much wanted to attend the RTR for the last 3 years but of things have come up and prevented me from doing so. This year was no exception, The uncommonly Heavy Rain  that we had here in Southern California  was one of the issuez, the second, I had some mechanical problems with my van that I have have resolved. My question is is it acceptable to arrive at the RTR on Monday even though it's already started? I'm in Ventura County California and I believe the drive is about 5 hours, can anybody confirm that? My van is a 1983 Ford Econoline and she doesn't move too fast on Hills, is the Terrain fairly flat from here to there with no steep grade? I am new to this forum and have tried to post this is a new tread but was unsuccessful. Thank you to anybody that can help answer my questions

Jim, Tom, I was looking forward to meeting you, too, another time I guess
Jim, whereat's that campground you'll be hosting?

The campground is in San Antonio, New Mexico between town and the Bosque bird sanctuary/ reserve.

Oh, for some reason I thought it was in Texas, lol, still not too far distant, especially if I visit Guadalupe peak
Sadly, I've never really visited much of our state / nat'l parks, need to start rectifying that

That is the pits, Art. Down to the wire and can't get loose. Same for me. This time.

jimindenver said:
The campground is in San Antonio, New Mexico between town and the Bosque bird sanctuary/ reserve.

Can you make a post on that, Jim?

vpbrandon said:
Hi , I have very much wanted to attend the RTR for the last 3 years but of things have come up and prevented me from doing so. This year was no exception, The uncommonly Heavy Rain  that we had here in Southern California  was one of the issuez, the second, I had some mechanical problems with my van that I have have resolved. My question is is it acceptable to arrive at the RTR on Monday even though it's already started? I'm in Ventura County California and I believe the drive is about 5 hours, can anybody confirm that? My van is a 1983 Ford Econoline and she doesn't move too fast on Hills, is the Terrain fairly flat from here to there with no steep grade? I am new to this forum and have tried to post this is a new tread but was unsuccessful. Thank you to anybody that can help answer my questions

I'm not there this year, as I'm enjoying the "brisk" weather in Fargo ND. But many people come and go to the RTR as their schedule allows. Last year I was there for most of it, but the year before I came for a couple days on the way to California, and stopped for another couple days on the way back home to Colorado.