RTR Prospecting Seminar

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highdesertranger

R.I.P HDR
Reaction score
I have an announcement for the prospecting seminar.  I hinted I had a surprise for this years seminar on a few threads.  so here it is,

this year the first forty people to sign up will get there very own pay dirt bag which contains real gold.  with this pay dirt I will show every one how to pan.  of course I need to have some rules with this.

I am asking families and couples to only sign up once.  I will still teach everyone in the family by recycling the pay dirt.

obviously I will not be able to teach everyone at the time of the seminar,  so you will be able to come by my camp during certain hours(I have not determined yet) for your own private lesson.

the sign ups will happen in my camp after the orientation seminar on the first day.  there will be no early sign ups.  I will also make this announcement at the orientation seminar for those not on the forum.  this is to make sure everybody has a chance.

you can bring your own pan or I will supply you a pan to use.  sorry I can't include a pan for you to keep.

with the pay dirt bag you will also receive a gold vial,  to keep your gold in(your poke) and a small snuffer bottle to suck your gold up in.

there will be no charge for this to the participants,  its free to you.  I am supply everything.

so that's it.  if I think of anything thing else I will add it to this thread later,  I will also bump this thread every so often.

highdesertranger

Outstanding highdesertranger! My wife and i will be there. I am a rank amateur but we had alot of fun when we were in Alaska a few years back on an organized tour doing this activity. We will have our own pan... CU there and thanks!

-Mike

highdesertranger said:
this year the first forty people to sign up will get there very own pay dirt bag which contains real gold.  with this pay dirt I will show every one how to pan.  of course I need to have some rules with this.

there will be no charge for this to the participants,  its free to you.  I am supply everything.

Dang! Yet another reason I wish I could go to RTR...
How very generous of you, to give of your time and supplies. Hope everyone has a blast!

Hey, HDR... if we wanted to have our own pan by the time we get to the RTR, how would we go about that? I know there's way more equipment involved, but I'm just thinking I'd like to carry a pan for other adventures near running water LOL Not sure what I think I might find, but maybe an arrowhead or two... maybe some sort of fossils... probably screws and bottle caps.

highdesertranger said:
this year the first forty people to sign up will get there very own pay dirt bag which contains real gold....

highdesertranger

History has a way of repeating itself. Hopefully I don't injure someone on my RIDE over there.
Oklahoma Land Rush.jpeg

Hope I can make the "first forty" with my GPAA Gold Pan (it's plastic, green, a nice one).

HDR, thanks so much for doing this. 2 thumbs up.

Attachments

• Oklahoma Land Rush.jpeg
    Oklahoma Land Rush.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 14
Belinda I am so sorry I did not answer your question about where to get a pan. online you can get pans all over. just search prospecting supplies. I like the green pans and Garrett's are a really good pan. get the 14 inch pan the pan should cost about 9.00 bucks. you can also get it in a kit, the kit comes with a 14" pan, a 10.5" pan, a classifier, a booklet, 2 vials, and tweezers. the kits are about 24 bucks. I will cover the equipment at the seminar but to find gold all you need is a pan and a shovel. mind you any pan will work, I found my first gold when I was a kid with a pie pan. there is a good prospecting store in Quartzsite, "Miners Depot" on 95 almost directly across the street from the "RV Pit Stop", which is a good place to get water, propane and to dump tanks. highdesertranger

actually last year it was recorded by the documentary team. unfortunately nothing has become of this. if you could see it you could watch me drop a vial of gold that broke and then scrapping up the ground and panning it out. LOL we got all the gold back. thank God as it wasn't my gold. as far as Bob recording it, that's fine with me but it's up to Bob. highdesertranger

well it's a sieve and I have never seen one like that, but it will classify material. back in the day ours where all homemade, a wood frame with different size screen. you need to get out here and we can dig some color. highdesertranger

HDR or Mike is a great example of exactly what he does you gotta check out what he does with water and buckets of earth, Thanks Mike.

How exciting! I've been reading posts and this will be my first RTR.  I have to say, this is something I'm really looking forward to.

Bob will release the final schedule soon, I know but am sworn to secrecy, LOL. the sign up will be after the orientation seminar which is the first seminar. highdesertranger

Hey watch it on the bumps , I'm getting carsick !

Wish I was there for your "show". :cool:

highdesertranger said:
I have an announcement for the prospecting seminar.  I hinted I had a surprise for this years seminar on a few threads.  so here it is,

this year the first forty people to sign up will get there very own pay dirt bag which contains real gold.  with this pay dirt I will show every one how to pan.  highdesertranger

I can not make this one but I am going to say thank you anyway.  I wish I could be there and would if I could.  Have fun!!!

Would like to talk with you about Drywashers this year.

We stayed here last summer after the RTR and helped a guy with his thumper, at the GPA claim off Dome rock.
Much fun, I liked it. Except for the heat, Summer get rough here.

When do you plan on setting up camp here this year?