RTR Prospecting Seminar

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should be there between the 7th-9th. how did you do with the puffer. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
I should be there between the 7th-9th.  how did you do with the puffer.  highdesertranger

The puffer.... It was a little like Willie Wonka's ever lasting gob stopper machine.
Meaning no disrespect.!
I'm a tool guy. I like tools and gear. When I get interested in something I research gear and buy or make what I can afford.

As for the puffer, I think in dry washers I would rather have the "Keene Vibrostatic Dry Washer with Hot Air Induction."
Well.... or maybe something a little more affordable. :)

yeah I have the small Keene. did you get any gold? at the last 2 RTR's with the rain the moisture content of the soil was way to high to run my dry washer. highdesertranger

We was here into June. As you mentioned moisture content of the soil was an issue earlier in the year.

We did ok I guess. The highlight was the string gold, A good 1/4 inch long. I thought it was really cool.

I will touch on it in the prospecting seminar. you are always welcome to ask questions and come by after the seminar. highdesertranger

the best way I found to dry the soil was corrugated tin. we would lay out two 10 foot sheets on the feed end of the dry washer, we would then dig enough to spread over the tin about 2 inches deep. once we spread it out we would go dig some more this gave the first batch enough time to dry out and we would have another run waiting in buckets. we would just keep doing this all day. however once you get in the 40% or above moisture content it takes to long to dry. that's when you need a butt load of tin. highdesertranger

blmkid
History has a way of repeating itself. Hopefully I don't injure someone on my RIDE over there.

Hope I can make the "first forty" with my GPAA Gold Pan (it's plastic, green, a nice one).

I've got one of those.  Just made me a note to bring it. :)

Bump. I have increased the number of pay dirt bags to 60. I will make an announcement at the orientation seminar(1st seminar) on where to sign up. highdesertranger

That is very cool HDR, hope the wife and I can make it there , it would be our first RTR experience.

Many thxs HDST never tried my luck in prospecting before. Looking forward to meeting you at the RTR and maybe when there’s a spot try my luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heya highdesertranger, wondering how much of your income comes from your prospecting skills? Can you make a living off of it in the right areas, etc.?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
They never answer THAT question !

Try "Are you a happy prospector?"

HDR I tried to get more information at the orientation but no one knew where you went. They told me where your camp was but I can't walk there. I'll still go to your seminar but wanted to be official and sign up.

highdesertranger said:
Bump.  I have increased the number of pay dirt bags to 60.  I will make an announcement at the orientation seminar(1st seminar) on where to sign up.  highdesertranger

I want in on this but won’t be arriving until Sunday.  Any way of signing up on here and getting the info of where it will be held since I obviously didn’t make the orientation meeting??  Thanks!!

HDR- Do we have to sign up for this seminar, or can we just come and enjoy? I'm super excited about it, but can only attend a few seminars this year, and yours may be the first. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Anyone find some nuggets or flakes in their pay dirt bags? would love to hear how it went and see some pics!!

I don't have pics but I loved it, HDR is a great instructor and I got 6 flakes in mine! And my parents told me playing with dirt bags doesn't pay! Unfortunately I've got a sucky short term memory so I'll have to watch some videos to remember. I guess I didn't do too bad for having not panned in 40 years. Bonus that our dogs liked each other.