RTR 2016 info? anyone?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnyslife

Reaction score
I am really stoked about making it out west for the event - let me tell you why.............I won't be coming alone - my very active 73 year old mother wants to come with me...You will all just fall in love with her - she doesn't act a day over 50 and loves interacting with "like-minded" people. Oh, and two of her many hobbies are metal detecting and gold prospecting.

So, I may be pushing things a little fast here but since her and I are both on fixed incomes, planning and budgeting is a major essential.....and to do something this "big", we have to really start now....................are the dates planned out yet?

Now, to adjust my lay-out to include a second sleeping spot and more supplies - UGH

Thank you.

Barbara

I envy you , I've been trying to talk my mom into going somewhere warm in winter like I do.
She won't have it, not even consider it ! She's 91 now and still sharp as a tack , a great outgoing personality , everyone she meets loves her. "I'm too old to move away , all my friends are here!"
If she walked into a stadium with 50,000 people in it , 49,999 would be her friend in an hour , the last one was asleep !

Hope the both of you have a blast!

While Bob hasn't announced the dates yet, in the past, the RTR has always been scheduled in January.  I believe you would be safe to base your preliminary plans on it being held around the middle of January next time as well.  At least until Bob posts the official word . . .

Regards
John

To be more specific the dates center around the big RV tent show in January which runs from January 16-24, 2016, next year. Generally, the RTR starts about a week before the big tent show opens. Last year's RTR ran from January 6-20. The tent show dates were January 17-25.

My mom is 85, and just had her hip replaced 2 months ago.

Ya think she'd be happy about it???.....NOPE!!!

She's MAD because she lost her GOLF GAME!! :(

85 and running on 9 cylinders!

I tell you guys, my mother at 73 has more energy and gumption than I've ever had. Her life consists of helping my sister raise 5 of her grandchildren - ages 3-12, keeping house, doing all the laundry for a house of 6 kids and 4 adults - I am so happy and fortunate that she is wanting to do this with me.

BTW: Thanks for the info - it will help a lot.

Barbara

Okay, here is the official announcement of the official date of RTR 2016:

January 5-19, 2016

Cyndi read my mind, the dates are selected to include the first weekend of the Big Tent RV show in Quartzsite. The reason is that if you want to get a job as a campground host it is very likely you can. Last year there were 6 campground vendors there hiring and also Amazon. If you want a job, it's almost a certainty.

See you there!
Bob

akrvbob said:
Okay, here is the official announcement of the official date of RTR 2016:

January 5-19,  2016

Cyndi read my mind, the dates are selected to include the first weekend of the Big Tent RV show in Quartzsite. The reason is that if you want to get a job as a campground host it is very likely you can. Last year there were 6 campground vendors there hiring and also Amazon. If you want a job, it's almost a certainty.

See you there!
Bob

Thank you so much Bob. I really wasn't trying to rush you....honestly ;) I am looking forward to meeting you and others there.