How are the Ford Transits?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aesop

Reaction score
Been strictly on the GM Van train since BW's 2017 video about which Van to buy.

However being a tall person has me wondering how are the high roof ford transits? Are they as reliable as the GM vans?

I realize that GM has been making their vans pretty much the same since 2003 and that there are parts galore for them and all that.

Just wondering in case I want to upgrade to a high roof Van sometime down the road. I know already to not go with the dodge ram promasters cause anything dodge is 💩.

Mercedes would be all right but anything Mercedes is $$$$. Not to mention, the Mercedes vans are diesel and diesel kinda sucks in cold weather, and ya don't wanna run a diesel out of fuel.

So for high roof vans, that leaves the Ford transit. Are they reliable? I know that they come in awd nowadays, which is nice. But, I also know that they apparently have the v6 eco-boost motors which i guess are not that great?

As for towing ability, I do have to admit and think to my self, when is the last time I towed with a Van? Lol

Personally, I think that gm hasn't made a high roof Van in the express or savana is because they want the vans to be able to get into a lot of places where in the older parts of the country, such as in cities for example, there is no room for high roof vans.

Dodge is owned by Stellantis-Fiat ; hardly a piece of shit.
If you ignore Promaster you are really selling your self short. They have advantages that Ford & Mercedes just don’t have. Yeah; It’s a European design so there are some things that Murahkans need to adjust to.
Also; diesel doesn’t suck in cold weather - those days are long gone - besides if you’re livin in it, drive where it’s warm.

I researched the dogshit out of all 4 companies & models b4 I went with a Promaster and have no regrets; had my Promaster for 18 months; 20,000 miles; never been back to the dealer.

Build link:
https://vanlivingforum.com/threads/my-2023-promaster-livability-build.49021/

If your sold on GMC go buy one and have a glass high top added. It’s not a big deal; prolly cost 3-5 thousand.

sayin……
jonny the master pro

Last edited:

Latest posts