Fan-Tastic fan repair

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmickGold

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Years ago I bought a Fan-Tastic fan. But it only lasted two years because I ran it 24 hours a day most days. At the end of that time, the brushes were so worn down by the constant use that they no longer made sufficient electrical contact, and the fan simply stopped! Fortunately, shortly after installing the first, I bought a second matching fan and tucked it away as my backup. So when the first fan died, I quickly installed my backup that same day.
FanTastic.jpg
But only ONE year later, the same thing happened again! It died! I tried opening the motor to see if the brushes could be repaired or replaced, but the motor's metal case was so soft -- and the seal so hard -- I only tore it up. (So into the trash can.)

FanTasticReplace.jpg
The price of my Fan-Tastic fan is $240.oo, so I looked for a better option to save money and found the above motor/frame/blades for only $45.oo designed specifically for the Fan-Tastic fan. Nearly $200.oo saved! And best of all, it is a brushless motor, so there is nothing to wear out. Clearly, they took a hint from that cute, cuddly, pink bunny with the long ears, and designed this motor to just keep GOING and Going and going and going and going . . . . (but almost silently, because there's no brush noise). And yes, that taller motor fits with the vent closed just fine.;)

Attachments

• FanTastic.jpg
    FanTastic.jpg
    172.6 KB
  • FanTasticReplace.jpg
    FanTasticReplace.jpg
    67.7 KB
Looks a lot like the motor in my Maxx-fan (which had a whole different issue of power rectification).