Rotating Table to Replace Clip-On Table, Thermal Curtains

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squid

Reaction score
I used polyfiber blankets and lined curtains with them, better blackout and super-thermal efficiency.
The rotating table is smaller but it can be used on both sides of the RV and repositioned in many ways.  I found the original one a thigh-buster anyway.  I also added cushions to make the table more a lounger set-up.  I just covered some cushions with fabric from an old fabric shower curtain, the cushions came from an old couch!  It's quite comfortable and can still be made into a bed.   I'd found the setup with the standard table with laptop hurt my back, I kind of like to sit sideways or cross-legged and so forth.  I can also use this to sew.  When moving, the table presses firmly against the cushion and does not swing about. 
It's just made of threaded gas pipe to my desired dimensions, and some pvc so it can swing without grinding a hole in the floor.
6qH_9.png
wFmMF.png

Nice work! I think one of the companies that make after market equipment for VW camper vans make a table in a similar style.

Travelmonkey said:
Nice work!  I think one of the companies that make after market equipment for VW camper vans make a table in a similar style. 
Thanks, it makes it seem more spacious in here by far.Here's VW's $165 for front, $180 for rear.  In my amateur design, the table unscrews from the flange in just seconds, you take the pipes lay them on the floor, use the table to brace for the bed, spread out the cushions and there's a bigger than twin bed made. 

large_c8724741d5074b6ac6bd27980aae406b.jpg

Latest posts