My intro and my (tiny) Nissan Versa camper conversion

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice and easy. And a fun time was had by all, :). What I did with the reflectix window coverings in my van was to get some black-out curtain from walmart and glued it to the reflectix using Scotch Super 77. I can turn the black out to the outside and from a bit away it looks like super tinted windows, or turn the black out to the inside, and then get good reflection of sun rays in the hot summer time. Win-win.

BTW in my first van build (up to #3 now), I didn't even have plywood under the bed, I just laid the mattress down on some flat (unassembled) heavy duty cardboard boxes, also from walmart. So the whole build can take only 5 minutes, and you're on the road, lol. Also, if you sleep on your side, of course you can deal with a shorter bed.

If the NV 2000 is your dream then you will enjoy the youtube channel Element Van Life. He spent several years full time living in a Honda Element but when it got to the point of having way too many miles for full time travel he purchased an NV 2000. His plan was to put a popup roof on it so there are videos showing how that was done by a company in California. He has done a self build and is on the second upgrade to that initial build. He is living in it full time, currently boondock camping in the Salt Lake City region of Utah.

Here is a link to the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX2_P3E87g-cBAtr1Lihfyw/videos

Well, at this point, my dream is to get anny van under 100k with windows. I think I would get really claustrophobic without any windows. So I am also thinking of a Chevy Express Passenget or a GMC Savana Passenger. I really don't care about the brand....as long as it runs and it lasts for a while.

But sometimes I still think a used schoolbus is the way to go. Lol. I am all over the board right now.

Giggles said:
Ok, finally! I finished my video!
Hi, Giggles,
Thanks for the video!
I also travel in a Nissan Versa Note. I'm considering removing my back seats, or maybe just the seatbacks, and I'm wondering if you considered doing that, or if you know anyone who has and might have a list of pros and cons.
I attended the RTR this year, thinking I'd be inspired to upgrade to a van, but I hate to give up the gas mileage. And Bob's recent video of his friend's CaRV made me want to stay with the Versa for another year or so.

Thank you Giggles.
Great video. I'm working on my Hyundai Santa Fe..
Great ideas. Thanks for sharing.
I will have to post some pics when I get done.
Safe and happy adventures.

Very nice build video, thanks for sharing. On the baked potato theme, I like the reflectix in my van, at night it gives a glowy reflected light that is pretty and just from my solar luci light I am using to read.
-crofter