Rigs of the RTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FALCON

Reaction score
Hello. I spent a week at the RTR and had a wonderful time. I did a fun little project: shooting the various Rigs of the RTR. I've shared them here:

Rigs of the RTR

(note, if you have a really slow connection or limited data, it's probably best to wait until you're on some WIFI to view these)

There are 48 different rigs shown. Here are a few examples:

31545487084_f5022daf8b_z.jpg

32357982035_4d9a386a8d_z.jpg

31515411254_b4213406b9_z.jpg

32207657322_92c4358e70_z.jpg

31980853010_c984bd530e_z.jpg

(If your rig is pictured, and you don't want it to be, let me know and I'll remove it. I didn't ask everyone due to inconvenience and my own shyness)

Great post, thanks for the effort. All the best

Nice photos thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved seeing the huge variety of rigs. Thanks!

I've noticed the lack of fifth-wheels...I'll certainly stick out next year for being one of the rare ones there...that and the white ass of my blue truck!

DuneElliot said:
I've noticed the lack of fifth-wheels...I'll certainly stick out next year for being one of the rare ones there...that and the white ass of my blue truck!

There were actually a lot of 5th wheels, trailers, and RVs. I didn't shoot many of then because they all kind of look the same to me. So they are under-represented in my photos. You won't stand out by having a 5th wheel there.

Or a white van.  

Last year they outnumbered everything. :D

Thanks for the pictures.

Hey, great pics Falcon. I checked out your website and that too, is VERY well done. Bravo.

I like the way your blog text rolls across the what appears to be stationary photos.. Nice effect.

Be easier to tell who the owners are if they would just put their name on them. Short vans seem to be well represented.

Dang, no pictures of the giant van with lumber bolted to the side... Must be I'm not yet ostentatious enough.

Attachments

• IMG_20170114_011921.jpg
    IMG_20170114_011921.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 38
TMG51 said:
Dang, no pictures of the giant van with lumber bolted to the side... Must be I'm not yet ostentatious enough.

One video interview was all it took to create a Publicity Hound...

:)

BradKW said:
One video interview was all it took to create a Publicity Hound...

:)

Ha. Just a bit of self deprecation. I actually parked a bit out of the way from the main drag this year and wouldn't be stumbled across much where I am.

Back on topic those are some good examples of the spread here. Anyone know more about this rig? Haven't caught up with its owner yet. It's like a step van and a transit connect had a baby.

Attachments

• IMG_20170112_152410369_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170112_152410369_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
FALCON said:
There were actually a lot of 5th wheels, trailers, and RVs. I didn't shoot many of then because they all kind of look the same to me. So they are under-represented in my photos. You won't stand out by having a 5th wheel there.

Oh. I was also going on what Bob said in one of his videos when he mentioned a lack of fifth-wheels...didn't see many in all the drone footage out there. I'm sure there are plenty there, just not as common as other wheeled domicles

Outstanding photography. Love the two dimensional side view only. It carries more presentation weight. Please keep up the collection of pictures and expand on it. Variety of life styles is the spice of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goshawk said:
Outstanding photography. Love the two dimensional side view only. It carries more presentation weight. Please keep up the collection of pictures and expand on it. Variety of life styles is the spice of life.

Thank you :-D :-D Yeah, shooting them all only from the side prevented me from shooting some rigs that I really wanted to (If there were other vehicles parked too close on their sides), but it was fun shooting them consistently and I think it looks way better than a mish-mash of angles.