Rent out your driveway on Vanly

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giulioco

Reaction score
We've recently been working on a web app for people to rent out their driveway to fellow vanlifers. If you have any extra driveway space or space for people to park their vans, please consider listing it on [size=small]https://vanly.app.[/size] You can make some side cash, and you'd be helping to build a service for the community. Plus it only takes a couple of minutes and it's completely free and we currently don't charge any fees for transactions! Also, any kind of feedback is really appreciated! Cheers
[img=500x333]

Um - as a van lifer, I don't HAVE a driveway.

Also, I'm not sure why I'd use a new service like this, when Boondockers Welcome, Harvest Hosts, and HipToCamp, among others, are well-established.

What J said. I have space here in Kentucky for anyone coming thru.

As a home owner who has 10 acres, i'm not sure I want the possibility of rifraf sleeping in my driveway for whatever meager amount I may charge them. I value my privacy more than offering a service for a small donation.

I like,   interesting concept for overnight stay while traveling.  Good luck.  I would use it if I needed a place to stay while traveling.

Seems like posts like this used to be pulled pretty quickly. Is this the new normal? So much for stealth.

Guy

yep we must allow this stuff now. I am being polite. LOL

Will they ever be back? did they really contribute anything to the forum? who knows?

highdesertranger

Here is the new rule from the link above. It mainly is doing away with the ten post threshold to post a link but adds this one sentence that Bob labeled "the new rule"

"Spammers who demonstrate they are using the forum only as a marketing platform will be banned."

Back in May I responded to a spam post within minutes of posting and an hour later I wasn't able to log on. I then received notification through email that the spammer was Banned. As a member that posted a reply on that thread I was accidentally Banned at the same time and that was the reason I couldn't log on. So I know that bannings have occurred more recently than Bob's new rule.

The rules that moderators steer newcomers to (for some reason this member hasn't gotten the normal moderator greeting) have not been updated to show the above change so the OP would be expected to follow those out of ignorance of the changes.

Under the posted forum rules-"something for sale" is this.
"Policy: Members must make at least 10 posts in order to mention their product, item, or service that they have for sale, barter or trade.

More detail:
-The seller's 10+ posts must be substantive in nature. That is, the posts must demonstrate that the seller is and will continue to be an active, contributing member of this community (vs. just logging posts in order to meet the 10-post requirement to qualify to advertise to the forum membership).
-The 10 post minimum applies to any possible mention of a product or service."

Sooo, these rules aren't rules anymore? If that is true they should be removed from the posted forum rules to avoid justified confusion.

Sorry for the rant, this is a sensitive issue with me.

Guy

Forgive my ignorance, but why are these posts a nuisance? I am looking in the okc metro for places i can keep in my back pocket in a emergency situation (clicked the link (prolly 1st mistake) nothing in my area)
I seen the thread, clicked on for the sole reason of the thread (to find safe parking in the metro). Other than its not real "Boondocking" I am not understanding the problem, Course when you tell me what the prob is, ill go "oh-i get it" But right now, I am not understanding what the nuisance is??

I could see where this might be handy in the east as there isn't much boondocking while traveling. In the west it seems there is boondocking of some sort all over.

In many towns there is a ban on sleeping in a vehicle. That rent your driveway app could run into a great many issues with zoning law violations if they don't do background searches before approving people who want to rent out their driveway for a Van dweller to stay in overnight.  They need an atyorney to set them straight as to what they have to say on the application to be a host location regarding that it must not be in violation of any local zoning laws and that it is the resonsibility of the host to verify those regulaions before entering into a contract.

Of course there are also areas that don't allow Air B and B rentals or of course if they are allowed you have to get a business license to offer a nightly rental and pay special taxes on that income.

Perhaps this organization never came back after their first post because they weren't treated as a real new member with the customary welcome. I'll give it a try...

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

That should do it!

Guy