Reflectix turns Car into Faraday Cage

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't boost your transmission power, it's illegal. The FCC regulates how much power your phone or any radio can output. Highdesertranger

Yeah I did some further research into cell phones and towers. Cell phones can transmit farther than towers because lower frequency travel further with less power. Cell tower transmit at a higher frequency and travel a shorter distance than cell phone transmissions.

Now someone may say “but towers have more power to transmit farther.”

That power is mostly used for the hundreds to thousands of individual connections to customer cell phones.

A cell phone with optimum conditions can transmit up to 45 miles away while a tower with optimum conditions can transmit up to 10 miles away(4G), a huge difference. Keep in mind, cell phones are all different and will have different optimum distances, the same for towers. 5G towers will be transmitting at a higher frequency than 4G, allowing more data flow but the distance will be cut down.

I didn’t think about the FCC, but I can definitely see how they can have a problem with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had a problem with data while my phone is in the WeBoost cradle. Using speedtest.net will give you ping which is the delay.

B and C said:
I've never had a problem with data while my phone is in the WeBoost cradle. Using speedtest.net will give you ping which is the delay.

Ping is how fast you get a response from a server after sending packets upstream. So delay as you said.

If I’m having issues sending data to the towers, which then send the data to servers, then I’ll get a delay in receiving. But once that download stream is established, I have no problems until I request something new.

When using Hulu, there is a delay when navigating menus(menus for any app for that matter), then a delay as a movie buffers, but once the stream for the movies is established, I’m cruising with 1080 easily with no lag or skipping, because download is perfectly fine.

I’m happy with the way it’s working. I’m able to entertain myself. Just thought I educate people about how networking works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk