Rant about tools.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabbit

Reaction score
I'm 47 and look 55 with a grey beard. I started smoking again(quit for 5 years). The law is I have to be 21. If it is readily apparent that I am way over 21, what kind of tool still needs to see my ID? And this is not just younger types, this also includes people my age and older. The zombie apocalypse is coming, its just not the zombies you're thinking of. Don't be a tool, use your own head and do your own thinking. Oh, and don't call people names, you might come off hypocritical. Yes, I can be a hypocrite. When you see it, feel free to call me on it. I am an adult and can handle constructive criticism.

Gawd I'm getting old...this isn't a rant, its a lecture...lol.

It's not the cashier being a tool. It's a policy from whatever chain store they're working at because our country has become lawsuit happy and corporations are liability conscious. Shop at a mom n' pop type store where there are no corporate rules and you won't get carded.

Many stores have it in their computers, that the age must be verified on certain items.
Many times, the POS terminal needs to know, the clerk smiles while asking me (as they must by store policy) if I am over 18 or 21? I smile back, saying, "Yes, by quite a few years!"
We both chuckle. I will be sixty in March, and have always looked older than I am. When young, I won a lot of "guess your age" contests. I generally associate with older folks. I find I am always "the pup" in any group. Never got carded when young.
If they feel the need to verify I am over 21, no problem. Just laugh it off.

Most conveniences store company's policies (I was a store manager/district supervisor for a few companies in my former life) are currently that either a)EVERYONE needs to be carded --- so that it's a habit when someone possibly underage comes in; or b)anyone appearing under 45 asked --- pretty much for the same reason.

whats wrong with tools

i am obviously a tool

i chub up at the sight of nice tools
Craftsman-153-Piece-Tool-Set-1120x786.jpg

i listen to tool
[video=youtube]

we need to rise up against toolism
ALL TOOLS MATTER

Mobilesport said:
How hard is it to show them your id? LOL

It's not hard. Its the principle of the matter. This post was supposed to sound abit more flippant than it may read. I'm no banksy, but this is.....

c3b9ae255358a3e49947a89ac28bb6c4.jpg

Viva la revolución?

Attachments

• c3b9ae255358a3e49947a89ac28bb6c4.jpg
    c3b9ae255358a3e49947a89ac28bb6c4.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 10
@Gary68 - You have won my admiration for the day. *hands over admiration*

:cool:

I too get annoyed when I get carded, but it has not happened recently. When it did they simply asked for my birthday. Id tell them a year, and if they'd ask month and day then I would shoot fire out of my eyes and singe the poor cashier with my fury as I'd say one dash one.

But then one elderly cashier most certainly did not deserve my attitude, and I have attempted to adjust it, or at least hide it.

Think they want to be there doing that?

Some of them? Lol. I'm just getting old cranky before my time. GET OFF MY LAWN!

Why does this even bother you?

So what, a young kid hasn't any clue about age except that everyone looks old to him. Not wanting to lose his job he is simply doing what his boss and the law require.
Relax, this is not a real problem, it's only a made up problem by you.

Dave

Adult habits require adult behavior, I have to change out of a uniform before I'm allowed to buy, hear me crying for you?

Gary68 said:
whats wrong with tools

i am obviously a tool

i chub up at the sight of nice tools
Craftsman-153-Piece-Tool-Set-1120x786.jpg

i listen to tool
[video=youtube]

we need to rise up against toolism
ALL TOOLS MATTER

Thats what I was hoping the thread was about too........

As for carding, the police around here are not allowed, why should the store clerks be?.....lol

Probably a good reason to quit smoking again....

I am quitting again for sure. I am being weak willed with it atm.

However, I have an excellent rationalization\justification skills so its prob just the stress of the "going fulltime". That and I am just making sure I really am done with smoking, I believe in second chances. Plus, smoking is better than say (insert addiction here). So really, smoking is my best alternative to use as a coping mechanism....(humor)

:cool:

Tool? I "like" Tools. Especially the one's that "Git er DONE!"

I think if we want to be out from under "the man" we should be independent of the man. Stop smoking or roll your own (if you can buy bulk without being carded), brew/distill/ferment your own. Not really kidding, seems our ancestors did it for-freaking-ever, so it must be doable.