Unwanted Assumptions Rant

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RVWandering:. I wondered how long it would take.

Let me guess... This is for WOMEN ONLY, but all of the men have access to it, and they've been whining, right?

Have the women been fussing with each other? No.

Centuries of history conflicting with Political Correctness. (* lip curl *)

I haven't had any complaints directed to me from the men. No matter what a thread is about attacks against any group of people are not permitted on the forum. A good exercise to try before posting is to substitute the subject of the post with a subject that you can closely relate to and see if it would be offensive to you.

I am interested in hearing constructive solutions to the problem of unwanted attention. Few of us have the resources to deter random stalkers at camp without involving "trouble" and other sorts of violence. 

I did have a German Shepherd Dog companion animal when camp hosting as a solo female. My GSD was not a non violent solution, but he was effective. At the time I was physically fit enough to keep him well exercised (about 10 miles per day). As a rule GSD's are in that group of dog breeds that campgrounds and insurance companies prohibit. Might be OK for boondocking though.
-crofter

Cammalu said:
I happen to like men and I have had lots and lots of treasured men friends in my life. There are some bad in every bunch and think I’ve met just as many bad women as men so it being bad certainly isn’t exclusive to men.

We are different for sure but jeez there are plenty of very, very good guys out there and I think most people are pretty good.

Lumping all men into one category is kinda like lumping all women in one category. We are all different as night and day.

Come on gals. Surely you don’t think they are all bad?
I was staying out of this on purpose. But I feel it's important to add my voice to Cammalu's here. I will only add that I believe that any group painting any other group with a broad black brush harms both groups.

As the podcast "The Mortified" keeps reminding me, "We're all freaks. We're all fragile. We all survived."

Here, on this mostly lovely forum where people are mostly kind and helpful (a rarity on the internet!), let's remember that we are all freaks. We're all fragile, we're all in this forum as past, present and future nomads for community and all that entails.

Please take this in the spirit intended.

I agree completely that not all men are jerks, and that not all jerks are men.

I’ve not experienced most men being forward and presumptuous, for lack of a better descriptor, but it’s happened enough around the country to lead me to believe things changed some while I was with my husband.

I also don’t see anyone standing up for a stalker.

I have so far been 100% successful with “puzzlement and confusion” when a few men have misinterpreted friendliness as an invitation...of some sort.

One can run into a wacko guy or gal anywhere, and then one deals with them accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts