Rain-X washer fluid additive

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 423

Reaction score
This is a new product to me. I've used regular Rain-X before that you had to rub onto your windshield but this is just added to plain water. 

4oz. treats 1 gallon of water.

For winter use you would add it to de-icer type fluid.

(link to Walmart item)...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rain-X-W...MIoKmhvPvS6gIVQT2tBh0LWg_gEAQYAyABEgLZd_D_BwE

BTW: The price listed above is wrong. I just paid $4.97 for a jug.

That's just $1.25 for a gallon of washer fluid.   Nice!

I may give it a go even though I am in Southern California. I do like the RainX glass cleaner. Good stuff IMHO

MikeRuth said:
I may give it a go even though I am in Southern California. I do like the RainX glass cleaner. Good stuff IMHO
The bug splatter doesnt stick as bad. Thats the main benefit at the moment.

I've used it for some time now. Started with the rub on RainX.

Today I apply the RainX once a year and then use the add to the wiper washer fluid version as I need to replace that fluid. As for the door windows (or any others) I just clean them good, allow them to dry, and apply the RainX to them
late in the evening when it is cool. My Rig has glass sealed beam headlights...so I apply it to those too.

I love it. :thumbsup:

Update: Don't use!

It leaves water spots all over windshield.

And in my experience it eats wiper blades. Two sets on 2 vehicles within 8 months. Last set was a blade that was $23 each. Somewhere is a review saying as much by a dozen people.

just my experience.