1 Gallon Vacuum Insulated Jug Nice

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! :)
Yes, but by "competent" I meant (among other things) less likely to get caught doing Evil.
Walmart is more forward thinking, and makes fewer really-stupid-mistakes (purely IMO).

tx2sturgis said:
The link is in post #1, at the bottom.

It's the Ozark Trail stainless steel jug.

Thanks, it does look nice and I am sure it keeps ice longer than the all plastic ones.

I looked at the RTIC website and their version sells for $19.50 but you have to pay shipping, sales tax, and a tariff surcharge that brought the total to just under $30. Shipping will be slow, I assume. I would buy from Amazon for quicker delivery and easier returns if there is an issue.

Shipping isn’t too slow judging from the cooler and then a couple jugs I bought from them earlier this year!  No not overnight, but reasonable. 

Also shipping is generally free with them if you buy a couple things.  Maybe a $50 order and above is free something like that.

The jugs have carried water daily for the past few months!  I pleased enough with them that I’d buy them again!

At the time I chose them over the Ozark ones, but next time I’m at Wally World I’ll look at them again to see if they’re improved enough to change my mind!

SD

MrNoodly said:
The hipster types are embracing film the same way they're embracing vinyl records.
I saw walmart had new vinyl records the other day. I thumbed thru them and had to make myself leave. Haha it took me down memory lane and my money was about to burn a hole in my pocket. 

I'm too young really to be as nostalgic about vinyl but my dad had quite a few albums and my older brothers left some behind. The stereo in the living room had an 8 tack deck and record player, and the one in his room had a record player AND 2 count em 2 cassette decks. :p

It wasnt long until they got me my own cassette player.

I re-evaluated the Wally World ones and see no reason to buy one of theirs instead of an RTIC one!

The RTIC SS ones are on sale for less than $20 last time I looked so there is that!

I haven’t duplicated any color in my jugs so I can tell at a glance which one I’m working on and which one/ones need filled etc.

I should mention that the 40 oz RTIC mug I keep in my truck for water just went 72ish hours with cool water at the end with minimal ice to start.

Room temp water to start with two fist sized chunks of ice. Parked in the sun all day with temperatures outside about 90F during the day. Doesn’t tend to freeze during the winter either!

SD

Ozark Trail used to have their own website but it seems gone now. Something may have changed in their ownership.

I never knew that ozark trail had a website. If I remember correctly from the time I worked at Wally the packaging said made for and distributed by walmart stores inc. Maybe they make other house brands? Idk. I know walmart was very unhappy to find resellers of their products. They even have an 1800 number to report anywhere reselling their products. We used to have to put permanent stickers on a lot of the high theft items as they would end up at flea markets.