Beat mice with a brick

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 423

Reaction score

Attachments

• DSC07302.JPG
    DSC07302.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC07303.JPG
    DSC07303.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 9
I thought for sure that from the title there would be more beating and more bricks involved. Lol

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

I just rewatched several seasons of ALONE in my head when I read the title.

So let me get this straight. You hate mice so much that you want to convert your vehicle battery 12v to 110v in order to "strobe the mice to death" ? Do you have an aux battery? Novel concept though. Does it work on the blind mice?

This is the 12v battery that you need to start your rig to get OUT OF the boonies and away from the battlefield of dead mice?

And who's going to help jump start your rig due to the dead battery? Bigfoot? You better make him a sandwich.

I actually have a personal strobe light that runs off 1 or 2 AA batteries that runs for days and can be seen for miles somewhere in my emergency equipment bag. Thanks for the idea!

Do the mice have to have epilepsy for this to work?

AMGS3 said:
I thought for sure that from the title there would be more beating and more bricks involved. Lol

My aim isn't great so I settle for scaring them off with daggers of light.

Boondock Saint said:
I just rewatched several seasons of ALONE in my head when I read the title.

So let me get this straight. You hate mice so much that you want to convert your vehicle battery 12v to 110v in order to "strobe the mice to death" ? Do you have an aux battery? Novel concept though. Does it work on the blind mice?

This is the 12v battery that you need to start your rig to get OUT OF the boonies and away from the battlefield of dead mice?

And who's going to help jump start your rig due to the dead battery? Bigfoot? You better make him a sandwich.

Yes, I hate vermin. The strobe was checked with a KIllawatt and it draws next nothing and even with the inverter loss it doesn't run down the battery. Mainly because I have a 5 watt panel plugged into the ciggy receptacle. Even if it did I have a genny and charger. No worries.

bullfrog said:
I actually have a personal strobe light that runs off 1 or 2 AA batteries that runs for days and can be seen for miles somewhere in my emergency equipment bag. Thanks for the idea!

A DC version would be nice.

B and C said:
There are a plethora of 12v D strobelights out there: https://www.amazon.com/slp/12-volt-strobe-light/cyv9swxt9xye9g4

You are making me think about it but my mothballs seem to be working so far.  One bag behind each headlight and a bag on top of each frame rail by the back wheels.  A strobe light is more upfront cost but less ongoing cost and easier.  Hmmm.

Over the winter it was plugged into AC, so I already had the strobe. It was just another $10 to add the inverter. The flash rate is adjustable and that may be an advantage over the DC ones available. I set it at a fast,annoying 'disco' rate that has to be a deterrent.

(NOT Manfred Mann)

Blinded by the light
victims of a "strober in the night"
Blinded by the light
within seconds we completely lost our sight

Some numchuck slow-day had a little hayday
got a box from the amazon
the walmart slow start items added to the cart
blazin to his house and bakin in the sun

from the box to the boonies
wheelin in the loonies
got a plan to make a stand
gonna get rid of mice and make the forest nice
and they never come back again

and we were Blinded by the light
Blinded by the light
within seconds we completely lost our sight

from the dark in the park
came a electrifyin brazen
fried our eyeballs like a raisin
never see light of day

and the mice which were nice
feeling kinda cheesy-weezy
fell down on to their face

and the van of the man
startin movin to the groovin
and never came back again

and we were Blinded by the light
Blinded by the light
within seconds we comeplely lost our sight

All you need now is a disco ball hanging from the hood! Lol!!!

"Does it work on the blind mice?...you better make him a sandwich'

A mouse sandwich perhaps?

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Hickory dickory dock. Three mice went up the clock. [/font][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]The clock struck one... but the other two escaped with minor injuries.[/font]

Does it work?
For the first time ever, a RAT made its home near my engine! The poor guy who smog tested my truck almost screamed when he discovered it. He said that mice don’t like the smell of laundry sheets, but then the truck attracts bears. I power-hosed the rat out at a car wash. 
Rodents are bad this year around here. I picked it up on the Chalk Bluffs just north of Bishop, CA in one of the rock climber sites. I knew I’d have trouble after seeing packrats running across the roadway (I drove in after dark), but I’ve never dealt with a regular big rat around here before. Packrats are kinda cute, tho.

Boondock Saint said:
(NOT Manfred Mann)

Blinded by the light
within seconds we comeplely lost our sight

"Wrapped up like a douche and run away in the night..."

Light, humm, couldn't find any research to prove/disprove. Now sound, well that's another matter.

Matlock said:
Light, humm, couldn't find any research to prove/disprove. Now sound, well that's another matter.

What about smell? I’m trying the dryer sheets in my engine thing, and so far so good, although my truck smells like a laundromat.

GEEZ I mean really. stop it, you know who you are. I better not see any more bickering. highdesertranger