Probably leaving the forum

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@beavergod1 I hope your wife's medical team are having an outstandingly good day at work when they are repairing your wife. Is she going to have a bio valve or a mechanical one? My dad had a bio one a few years ago and it's amazing how quickly they do it and get them up and around and out of the hospital. Again, best wishes and easy healing to her.

I'm one of those rare people who'd be willing to pay for this forum. Not because I'm a supporter of HOAs or nanny admin, but because I come (came) here to enjoy conversation, get and share information, without idiot clickbait on every other post. I understand why Bob sold the forum but I'm certainly not going to pay for this crap. Ooh, big titties with big nipples on them, better check that out! Oh no, I might have inferior eyelashes! Christ, give me a break already. :sick:

Interesting to see this. There are a lot of RV forums that aren't fee bearing. The whole idea of this was to give the down and out folks a clue as to how they could get into a vehicle and live in it to avoid homelessness. I look at the threads here (like living on $700 a month etc) which tend to address the needs of those who don't have $20 to spare.

In real estate now there is a big surge in speculators buying properties such as apartment buildings and trailer parks and jacking up the rent on the tenants. Credit card companies are now jacking interest rates from 18% apr up as high as 28% apr. Those who have been living on their plastic and have several thousand dollars of debt will likely never recover.
(and I would bet there are more than a few on this forum)

If you want to read a new book that discusses this phenomenon, read "Jackpot: How the Super-Rich really live --- And how their Wealth harms us all" by Michael Mechanic.

https://www.amazon.com/Jackpot-Super-Rich-Really-Live_and-Wealth/dp/198212721X
Appreciate your post here and I just look for places online free of zombie's thanks for not being a zombie lol ~ Also I am dealing with the greedy getting greedier by consuming less. Making and growing more of what I consume. With the gas prices I am inclined to travel far less - zero. If ya don't put your foot down you remain an extorted slave till the grave and I personally am putting my foot down. Really needs vs wants. Cheers.

Almost anyone can afford $10 or $20 a year, but in today's world most refuse to for some reason.

I do know that the more I give.... way more is given back to me in many ways, including financially.
I think for a lot of us, it's not that we don't want to, it's just we have to put the money we have, my social security is $1,300 a month, where we feel the most need. I live in Oceanside, California and support the San Diego humane society. I would absolutely love to have money to spread around! It would make me so happy! 💕🙂

Yea, kind of. Wifey and me live off $50,000-$60,000 p/yr depending on how much we travel and kind of traveling we do. Closer to $50,000 p/yr mostly, This year was a bit more because of $15,000 for new roof, $7,000 new attic,(complete duct replacement and all new R40 insulation), $5,000 exterior house painting, $1,000 for new solar screens, and $9,000 for wifey's upcoming open heart surgery deductible. Unusually expensive year. When it rains, it pours.

Yea, kind of. Wifey and me live off $50,000-$60,000 p/yr depending on how much we travel and kind of traveling we do. Closer to $50,000 p/yr mostly, This year was a bit more because of $15,000 for new roof, $7,000 new attic,(complete duct replacement and all new R40 insulation), $5,000 exterior house painting, $1,000 for new solar screens, and $9,000 for wifey's upcoming open heart surgery deductible. Unusually expensive year. When it rains, it pours...
I am so thankful that I always have what I absolutely need to survive! I pray that your wife's surgeon and all the people that attend her, are at the top of their game! Praying for quick healing and strength for you, to help her get through it. 🙏

Also I am dealing with the greedy getting greedier by consuming less. Making and growing more of what I consume. With the gas prices I am inclined to travel far less - zero. If ya don't put your foot down you remain an extorted slave till the grave and I personally am putting my foot down. Really needs vs wants. Cheers.
but even your foot down to supply what you need to handle your life will be effected by your needs so if those costs are going up and up and up does one really ever put their foot down except for a very very personal level on how they want to do just that?

I kinda am not sure what you are saying here LOL but if you travel less but some mater plants, or veg seeds or more double and cost to water and handle your time is really putting down a foot against? Again not combatant here in any means but if this suits you I get it but not everyone has that level of switching that money around to have land a put down a foothold but still pay increasing costs vs. someone on the road?

again not a fight and I get your commitment to do you but on the road still can't be put down a foothold in real truth.

@beavergod1 I hope your wife's medical team are having an outstandingly good day at work when they are repairing your wife. Is she going to have a bio valve or a mechanical one? My dad had a bio one a few years ago and it's amazing how quickly they do it and get them up and around and out of the hospital. Again, best wishes and easy healing to her.
Bio valve, (cow valve). She would not be a good candidate for the mech valve due to her being a bleeder. She would have to be on Coumadin, (blood thinner), for life. That alone could be life threatening to her.

I'm one of those rare people who'd be willing to pay for this forum. Not because I'm a supporter of HOAs or nanny admin, but because I come (came) here to enjoy conversation, get and share information, without idiot clickbait on every other post. I understand why Bob sold the forum but I'm certainly not going to pay for this crap. Ooh, big titties with big nipples on them, better check that out! Oh no, I might have inferior eyelashes! Christ, give me a break already. :sick:
Bob is so rich off of his affiliation connections, I wouldn't be afraid to bet he doesn't even look into this site more than 20 times a year, probably hasn't opened it up all week.

Bob is so rich off of his affiliation connections, I wouldn't be afraid to bet he doesn't even look into this site more than 20 times a year, probably hasn't opened it up all week.

This is sad when a member puts down Bob that started this forum to help others. I think on this sad note I'll lock the thread as we don't need to go down that pathway. And everyone knows how to reach me if you need me.

Good travels to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.