Pre-Starting Out - Looking for Someone...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KozVan

Reaction score
As the name implies, I am looking for someone; actually, maybe a few someones. :)

Primarily, someone or a group (caravan as I hear it?) that I can go with. After watching literally about 1k videos, I'm still lost. Also, safety issues (I keep odd hours so I'm a good watchdog :) ) and I have a cat with me.

Also, anyone selling a van/truck or trailer (prefer at least started with conversion) ?

By nature I like to help and fix problems. Besides being laid back and good company, computers are my specialty. 20+ years with computers and a BS in computer info systems. All that means is I can do whatever your computer or electronics device needs. Phone, PC, Tablet, Solar, TV, Websites, etc. 

I help anyone and everyone so it's weird to ask; however, I feel it would be mutual benefit so If you or someone you know is interested, please PM me.
Whenever someone does help me, I do like to pay it back and then some:)

Thanks

Perhaps you might want to let people know the geographic area of the country you are located near.

Remember keeping odd hours is not necessarily going to be compatible with caravan groups.

People in carvans are going to get up in the morning and start making noise. It is good to be awake in the daylight hours to take advantage of that light and warmth. In the winter when nights are cold the best place to be is inside under the covers. In the summer when it is warm during the day the best place to be is outside in the shade where there is a breeze. Chores get done in the morning before it gets hot. You are going back to a more primal way of living that is literally much more in touch with the outside world.

There are always dogs among the caravans, if you are out and about at late night time you will likely be setting off a major community wide alarm system that will sound throughout all the RVs that have dogs in them. When one dog starts barking the others often cue on that and then they start barking. So pretty much that part of security is already well handled by creatures with much better hearing than humans have.

Perhaps you might want to let people know the geographic area of the country you are located near.  
-- I guess it does not show on here, my mistake. I am in Florida, USA

Remember keeping odd hours is not necessarily going to be compatible with caravan groups.

-- Thank you for the detailed response, After reading my responses, can you comment again please.

"People in carvans are going to get up in the morning and start making noise. "   
-- That's ok with me, Iv'e slept though explosions

"It is good to be awake in the daylight hours to take advantage of that light and warmth...chores..." 
--I don't have the luxury to get up when I want (personal), so I need to work around that

"?Dog Alarm"
--Sounds like everyone stays in then past a certain time at night or all the dogs would bark more at everyone I guess? If not, dogs can get used to peoples scents. 
As for my "watchdog" comment I didn't intend for it to mean I was better than a dog. I just meant that since I'm up most of the night, say a cop comes by, I can talk so you can rest. Just one example. I agree though, 10 dogs trumps just about anything.

I also have no issues camping on the outskirts and usually stay inside most of the time(personal), so no problem doing so at night.

The lines with -- are my responses