pop top installer ???

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooterdog

Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking for a company that can install a pop or lift top on a Ford Transit Connect or Dodge Promaster City.  Before I purchase the vehicle I want to know I can get a raised top on it. 

I have found:

www.gtrv.com/

http://www.coloradocampervan.com/

[url=www.reconcampers.com]www.reconcampers.com[/url]

I live on the east coast and these companies are closer to the west coast.  I am willing to travel, who doesn't like a road trip, but, it sure would be nice to start out a little closer to home.  So, if you know of a garage or company who can do this, I would appreciate the share.

Funny, I just sent email last week regarding those exact vehicles. I know this isn't what you wanted in terms of location, but this is the answer I got from Stephen Schank at Recon:

We did not make a mold or the design to do a pop top on the Promaster City. We do have one for the Ford Transit Connect LWB, 2014 and newer. Normally it is $5,800 installed with LED ceiling lights and touch sensor on/ off dimmer. We just improved the design to make it go much higher and we are offering $1000 off the next one to use for marketing pictures. If you let us know what you are looking to do with the vehicle we could help you choose the best one. Hope this helps. Happy Holidays.Sincerely,

Stephen Schank
President
Recon Campers
616-502-1088
Facebook: Recon Campers
Instagram: Recon_Campers

there is a company in Montreal called something Condo or Condo something, I am pretty sure condo is in their name somewhere and they do conversions with poptops I can't remember the name, I will continue to think about it but they put out a product that is similar to GTRV, from the outside. Montreal may be closer and with the low Canadian dollar you might get a deal. You might find it if you start googling those leads.

Gflying kurbmaster said:
there is a company in Montreal called something Condo or Condo something, I am pretty sure condo is in their name somewhere and they do conversions with poptops  I can't remember the name, I will continue to think about it but they put out a product that is similar to GTRV, from the outside. Montreal may be closer and with the low Canadian dollar you might get a deal. You might find it if you start googling those leads.

http://www.safaricondo.com/en/ 

I don't think they offer anything for those vehicles but it's worth a look.

Ended up going with Recon Campers in California. Great fun on the trip out and back. I will start a build thread with photos in the VAN forum.