Where to go to install windows?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOWA is no longer in the "build" business.....They will only supply goodies.......Liability insurance for the 501C is impossible to purchase while allowing volunteer labor.........No Labor-referrals even............

SCOTTROD is a pretty good craftsman..........He'll probably accept a small gratuity for the doing the work......

Just don't let him choose the Color PAINT !
I didn't pick this color it was like this when I got it.😁
We're doing 900 watts of solar on the toy hauler in the background should have the panels mounted today

Attachments

• IMG_20230917_110317.jpg
    IMG_20230917_110317.jpg
    776 KB · Views: 0
My friend Stacey's van i walked her through cutting the holes and installing the window and one of the Maxx air fans. Anyone can do it.

Attachments

• 0_IMG_20220504_191238.jpg
    0_IMG_20220504_191238.jpg
    926.8 KB · Views: 0
My friend Stacey's van i walked her through cutting the holes and installing the window and one of the Maxx air fans. Anyone can do it.
famous last words^^. I'll find a way to mess things up. I really dont have anyone to help with this either, holding up the windows etc. I can easily believe that it is an easy job after watching youtube videos, but still would rather find someone to do this.

Funny thing is that I bought window-less fun after having thought a lot about this. It was supposed to provide me with maximum privacy. But turns out privacy is not that important: I'd rather enjoy the views. And it's always easy to put up a shade when you need to be alone.

Then I would set aside a few days and make many calls to a variety of businesses that might be able to do it. Take your time. Know what you want. And don't base your decision solely on price or convenience.

You'll find good options.

famous last words^^. I'll find a way to mess things up. I really dont have anyone to help with this either, holding up the windows etc. I can easily believe that it is an easy job after watching youtube videos, but still would rather find someone to do this.

Funny thing is that I bought window-less fun after having thought a lot about this. It was supposed to provide me with maximum privacy. But turns out privacy is not that important: I'd rather enjoy the views. And it's always easy to put up a shade when you need to be alone.
Live with what you have for now. The opportunity to get windows put in will come along somewhere in your journey. Maybe from a new friend, maybe from an auto body mechanic in a small town. Or a friend of a friend.

Latest posts